Somewhere new

A/N Just a heads up this chapter will be the last fluff before I pile on some major drama for Nyck and Jess. All I'll say is it involves team orders going wrong. Please don't kill me for it. Yes, I am trying to generate hype but I need to keep you guys reading. Anyway, this is an Aurthor's note so I'd like to remind you to vote and/or comment if you are enjoying this story so far.

It has been a week since the botched family reunion and I am back in Monaco. There are two reasons why I am in Monaco. The first reason, I need to get ready for New York and London and the second reason is to spend some time with Nyck before the season heats up. As one of the main title contenders, the next few weeks will be important and I need to go in with a relaxed mindset. Before you can ask, the reason why I am getting ready for both New York and London is due to the fact that I will be spending time at the team's HQ again. Not that I mind as I know London will be a new venue which means I'll need all of the sim time that I can get. It doesn't take long for me to get the last of my stuff organised. I am quick to join Nyck in the kitchen.

"Do you need any help?" I ask just so that I can make myself useful.

"I think I have everything under control for now. Besides I would have asked if I needed help," Nyck responds. That is a fair point. As soon as I turn around to walk to the lounge room there is a loud thud followed by a string of Dutch curse words. I turn around to find Nyck leaning over a pile of mess.

"Are you sure you don't need help?" I tease as I bend down to help him.

"I'm not sure anymore," Nyck responds, getting a giggle from me. With my help, we are quick to clean up and restart the cooking. I am quick to notice that Nyck is trying his best to treat me to a nice egg dish. It will be a nice change from the usual cereal and yoghurt affair. This time I will be helping because I don't want to clean up any more mess. Luckily with some help, the latest batch is ready without any drama. The food even tastes good. Now for the hard part of the job. Travelling. Ok, it's not as bad as I make it out to be but I am a little worried as I am going to a place that I have never been before. The only place in the US I've been in Austin and that was so I could cheer my brother on.

"Are you alright Jess?" Nyck asks.

"I'm just excited for New York as it is somewhere that I have never been," I responded. After a few minutes, we are on our way to the airport. After an hour of driving, we made it. Despite the fact that I hate travelling I find myself walking through the airport with an excited bounce. It feels a little odd but I am looking forward to the change. It is the day after Nyck and I arrived in New York and we are currently getting ready to explore. Exploring is one of two parts that I am looking forward to. There is the lingering sense that something is going to go wrong with the races but I am choosing to ignore it as I want to enjoy my time with Nyck.

"Are you ready?" I ask Nyck.

"I think so," Nyck responds as he double-checks his backpack. The action gets a small giggle out of me.

"If you are, let's go," I responded. With that, we leave. As Nyck and I walk through the streets I find myself thinking about all of the drama from Puebla. I know what you're thinking. The problem is I have the nasty feeling that there will be even more drama. So long as I can finish the race. To be honest I just need to relax right now. I only need to think about the race in a couple of days. It doesn't take long for us to reach a cafe. It looks unusually busy. Not that I am complaining as it reminds me of Monaco. The thought makes me giggle. Anything that reminds me of one of my homes makes me feel a little better.

"What?" Nyck asks out of concerned curiosity.

"The fact that the cafe is busy reminds me of my favourite cafe in Monaco. I just hope the coffee is good," I responded. The last part is a joke. I'm not really bothered about the quality if someone else is making it for me.

"It should be fine," Nyck replies. Unlike me, he is a little pickier. It doesn't take long for us to place our orders and find a seat. I am quick to notice that Nyck is looking at me with a look of admiration or at least that's what I think the look is for. I wish I knew what he was thinking right now. It's my turn to check on Nyck.

"Are you alright Nyck?" I get to work on making sure that there is nothing wrong.

"Yes. I'm just thinking about how cute you look when you are excited," Nyck replies. His remark makes my cheeks glow pink. I try to defend myself however the words refuse to leave my mouth. He is right about me being excited. New York is a new place for me.

"See I'm right," Nyck makes the pink on my cheeks go red. Thankfully the waitress saved me from this situation. She is quick to hand us our respective drinks. With her job done she shuffles away.

"Look Nyck, this is my first time in New York so you can understand why I am excited," I say. The thing is I know that Nyck is trying to compliment me but the compliment has left me flustered. With that, I take a sip of coffee. To my surprise, it is good coffee. Nyck seems to have reached the same conclusion. After thirty minutes of chatting and sipping on our coffees, we are done. As soon as we leave the cafe Nyck reaches out to me. I grab his hand assuming that is the reason why Nyck held out his hand. I'm just glad that we had the chance to relax together before the last races of the season. To be honest the relaxation was enough to put my mind at ease for the upcoming races.