I couldn't have done it without you

His eyes lock onto mine. I know that look. Jules is proud. I know for a fact that he will be proud regardless of whether or not I won the Formula E championship or not. I have come a long way since that fateful day. The next thing I know, Jules has me locked into a bear hug.

"Rappelle-toi juste que je suis fier de toi quoi qu'il arrive (Just remember I'm proud of you no matter what)," Jules whispers.

"je sais (I know)," I reply. Those words mean the world to me.

The next thing I know I am awake in my bed. It has been a week since my victory in Berlin and I am spending the break at home. I am quick to drag myself out of bed as there is someone that I need to visit. Since I have places to be I am quick to get ready. After a ten-minute walk I made it to my first stop. A local florist. My eyes settle on a simple bouquet. It doesn't take long for me to make my purchase. After a couple more minutes of walking, I made it to Jules' gravestone.

"je l'ai fait Jules (I've done it Jules)," I announce as I set the flowers down at the foot of his gravestone. The thing is I know that I am not going to get a response. Still, I have to tell my brother what he helped me to achieve. Not of it would have been possible without him believing in me all of those years ago. It feels like another lifetime when I was a carefree little girl racing karts just to one-up her brother.

"I won the Formula E championship because of you," As I speak I find the tears clawing their way up. Sure it was painful as I had lost so much that day but I also gained a lot. It just took me a while to see it. I manage to sit down before I am overcome with emotion. This time I feel whole despite the loss of two people that I hold dear. I am pulled out of my thoughts by the sound of my phone ringing. I am quick to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hello Jess," I recognise the accent as the one belonging to Susie's husband and my boss Toto Wolff.

"What can I do for you, Toto?" I ask. This is unexpected.

"I would like to offer you the position of reserve and test driver for the 2022 season," Toto announces. My eyes widened.

"Sure," I responded without really thinking about it. The thing is I feel like I am ready to begin getting into the Formula 1 circus and besides its about time anyway. I need to finish my journey where it began. As Jules would say 'live with no regrets. After a few minutes of clearing up a few things, Toto hangs up. Well, my life is going to get busy.

A\N I have finally finished this fan fic. It has been a journey for me as a writer. It has been interesting but things are only going to get more interesting for Jess. Before you can ask there is a sequel in the works however it needs a title. There will also be a series of bonus chapters on AO3 (see the links at the bottom of my rules) since I had a few ideas that wouldn't fit with the story but I do want to share them with the world. 

One last thing thank you for the votes and/or comments. Even though I don't reply they do mean a lot. 

UPDATE: the sequel is up now.