Chapter 10 Another freaking chat

(credit to Riseo on YT)

Ronin leaves the room quietly making sure not to wake up Davis from what looked like to be a peaceful sleep. He heads upstairs where he has more privacy and opportunity to shout if necessary but still able to keep an eye on Davis.
Ronin dials the number that once called him - Betty and Harold
((owned by InvisibleDavis and QueenKat))

Betty picked up the phone to hear Ronins voice, she recognised it from the last conversation they had.
Ronin: Uhh Hello Ma'am. This is Betty correct?
Betty with Harold in the background: yes this is Betty, please remind me of your name mister
Ronin: it's Ronin, you called me previously about a Davis and Metica incident
Harold in the background: Betty! Who Is It?!
Betty: it's Ronin! Davis' friend! Well mister Ronin what can I do you for?
Ronin: it's about Davis, who is legally his guardian Ma'am
Betty who was audibly upset by this question: Why in the hell would you be asking that question about MY grandson.
Harold in the background: Betty give me phone please come on.
Betty starts muttering swear words as she passes the phone to Harold.
Harold: what did you ask my wife mister Ronin?
Ronin: I just asked who legally Davis' guardian is
Harold: were his grandparents. Manolo is technically his legal guardian but he's dead so legally no one.
Ronin: I see
Harold: Apologies about Betty, she hates Manolo, he was shitty person
Ronin: yeah I know what kind of person he was

Ronin was getting upset but had to shove that bad thoughts to the back

Ronin: I actually called for see if I could become his Legal Guardian. He's in the city a lot more than he is with you and he needs someone he sees often to look after him
Harold: I see. Well how do you mean like what do you mean you want to be his legal guardian, you wanna adopt our grandkid
Ronin: Technically and Legally yes, if you would allow me to adopt Davis, you would still be his grandparents, I would just be his legal guardian and father I suppose
Harold had the phone on speaker so Betty heard the whole conversation. Betty walked over to Harold and took the phone,took it off speaker and held it up to her ear.
Betty: Ronin, you want to adopt my grandchild
Ronin: he's still your grandchild he just need someone who with him ofte-
He gets interrupted
Betty: I hate to say this, but you have our permission, Davis seems to really like you and your there for him so it's fine, as long as we're still his grandparents you may adopt him.
Ronin as a smile appears on his face: thank you, I wil try to set up a court session as soon as possible. Thank you so much
Betty: make sure my grandbaby is safe Ronin.
After saying that she hung up
Ronin smile didn't fade after hearing that.
He made another call to the Database Courtroom (In honour of his fallen friend)
They agreed to do the case two days from now. Hopefully Davis will be able to do that

He returned to where Davis was alseep. He sat down on the carpet Infront of him and held his hand that was hanging off the seat once again.

They stayed like that for good hour. Ronin was just about to also fall asleep but he got a phone voicemail but it sounded like a phonecall, he answered his quickly so he didn't wake up Davis. Ronin gently let go of his hand and returned up stairs just in case.

A voice spoke

He didn't recognize it at first but then he realised it was a recorded message from Manolo... Ronin had to either hide this from Davis or tell him Ronin quickly cams to his decision. He has gotta hide it until talking about his dad doesn't cause a panic. Ronin connects headphones to listens to the message.

"Tezu. I don't know when you'll get this but when you do listen to it and please let Davis listen to the last part, it's for his ears only. Tezu friend I'm sorry" he listened to the whole message for Davis' sake. His voice continues on the message, "but know that Tezu I did not rob that bank, somebody shapeshifted into me and robbed it, I promise on my life and my family's life"
"please allow it so only Davis hears this"
It glitches a little then the voice continues
"Davis, Son if you're hearing this then that means I'm dead, either You killed me or Ronin did, honestly it was a matter of time, but I just want you to know a few things"
"I honestly didn't mean to kill Sarah, she was my wife, my world, I loved her son. And I loved you so much more than you could imagine and so much more than I ever showed you. You were most likely the one to have killed me so I just want to say, I'm Proud Of You l, I expected it and fully deserved it I love you my son Davis Ramirez" the tone beeps. That's the end of the message.

Ronin changed his mind, once Davis wakes up he'll give him this message
Ronin headed back to Davis to find him removing the bandages from his wrists,
"Davis, You okay bud"

"I-i-i-itchy" he stuttered out as he yawned.

"I got something to show you, well more let you listen to hopefully, it's a message"

"From w-w-w-who" Davis struggles to ask

"from umm from Manolo kid" Ronin hesitantly responds

"O-o-o-oh" he stutters more not expecting that reply

"Will you listen to it kid, please I already have listened and it's not that bad, you won't hear anything bad"

"S-s-s-sure Ronin, if you say so"

Ronin played the last part of the message that was for him. Davis tried to listen to it without panicking because of the memories, he had to push all that to the back of his mind so he could listen to the message clearly, the voice plays again

"Davis, Son if your hearing this than that means I'm dead, either You killed me or Ronin did" honestly it was a matter of time, but I just want you to know a few things"
"I honestly didn't mean to kill Sarah, she was my wife, my world, I loved her son. And I loved you so much more than you could imagine or I showed you. You were most likely the one to have killed me so I just want to say, I'm Proud Of You l, I expected it and fully deserved it I love you my son Davis Ramirez"

the tone beeps again.

Davis froze. He didn't know how to react to this, His father was a wanted villain(emphasis on the was).

After a few moments, Ronin was reminded of the conversation with Betty and Harold

"Ah yes before I forget, I need to tell you that we have a court case so I can become your legal guardian, your grandparents will still be your grandparents but I will hopefully just be your legal guardian so kind lik-

Davis interrupts him "a father!?"

Ronin smiles at this reaction, he's happy Davis is taking this so well

Moment of realisation struck a few sounds later in Davis' mind

"O-o-o-oh s-s-sorry"

Ronin gives a slight chuckle "your fine kid, I'm just giving you a chance to have a present parent"

"T-t-t-thank y-y-you"

They decided to watch some TV to pass some time.