Chapter 40 Remember The Better Times

((Trigger Warning: Light Angst, Swearing))

-back in the real world with everyone, it's Visiting hours in the hospital-

"Well I'm done checking his vitals and everything is up to date, same conditions I'm afraid."

"Thank you Venus, Are there students waiting outside?, I hear voices"

"A few plus Rain also I believe Kowalski and Moodswing are also waiting outside"

"What about the charges?"

"Avian's getting them dropped for Davis, do you want me to let them in?"

"Go ahead, make sure they stay quiet Manolo needs the rest"

"Of course one second"

Venus left and came back with a few students plus Rain Kowalski and Moodswing.

"Just stay quiet as you can be okay"

"Ronin, Venus may we speak in the hallway"

"Sure"

"Of course"

The teachers left the students and Rain to talk amongst themselves.

-in the hallway-

"What Kowalski" Ronin didn't go to Kowalski about this situation for a reason.

"Care to fill us in on what happened Wasn't Davis declared dead?" Moodswing asked before Kowalski could speak.

"We lied, we had to declare him dead so the students wouldn't go looking for him" Ronin answered with sadness in his tone.

"That would be a bad thing because..?" Kowalski asked dragging out the last word.
Ronin looked away, Hiding his face.

"He was kidnapped, tortured and beaten for months"

"By that new fucker"

"I don't understand why he's in a coma again"

"When he was being forced to do something he didn't want to do he got shot twice"

"He's barely alive Kaleida"

"He's a strong kid right"

Silence fell upon the staff members.

-inside the hospital room-

Manolo got woken up by Rain.

"Will you five calm down, we aren't a threat here"

"I mean he literally has a broken leg he can't exactly chase after you if he ran also because he's old"

"Oh shut up"

That earned a slight giggle from Shizu and Clover
"I mean you did beat the shit out of me and Shino, and then Rain beat the shit out of all us here at different times. And even if he can't run after us. You can." Kol remembered

"Good times. You put up good fights for a bunch of teenagers. But I won't be running after anyone with a knife except Wasp." Rain said

"Stop staring at him magnet and just talk to him you know people in comas can still hear you" Manolo said with anger in his tone.

"My name. is Shizu"

"I don't care. I don't need to know your names"

Rain stole Manolo's phone and pressed record just in case Davis doesn't hear what they say, He sat on the floor next to Manolo's wheelchair and hid the phone behind his back.

"Hey Davis-senpai heh" Shizu gave a weak half chuckle to themself. " I'm here with Shino Kol uhh Clover and Flex oh and Manolo and Rain is here too, surprise". Shizu looked back and forth at the floor and at Davis, "please wake up soon, I miss your awkward deep voice"