Chapter 63 Friends

(Trigger Warning: Mention of Corrupt Cops)

Ronin woke up to the sound of something or better yet someone banging on his window. He groggily got up out of bed, still half asleep he opened the window and let that someone in.

"What do you want, Rain?"

"Visors. I saw what happened to him, Mr Ronin"

"How would you know that, Rain?"

"I was watching, I wanted to help him but uhh you know I'm me soo"

"I get it"

"He's not in his room, so where is he?"

"On the sofa, asleep. Don't wake him, his body needs the rest"

"Can I go see him though?, I won't wake up"

"Fine"

Ronin walked Rain into the living room.

"He'll be okay right?" Rain spoke in a low tone.

"He's fine. He just needs to rest, both his body and voice" Ronin responded back in a low tone.

"So what actually happened while he was in the police station?... I know he got shot out of the sky and arrested but that's pretty much it"

"Rain, promise me you won't go killing a bunch of cops if I tell you what happened in there?"

"I do enjoy killing cops.... Hmmmm fine I promise I won't kill any cops when you tell me what happened"

"They interrogated him and took their methods too far"

"How.. so...?" Rain gritted his teeth.

"They electrocuted him on maximum power until we were able to get there"

"How long did that take?"

"A while.."

"And now he can't talk nor move"

"For the time being. Also you said they shot him out of the sky, I knew they were assholes but fuck" Ronin sighed

"Why did they shoot him out of the sky is what I'm wondering" Rain said thinking out loud.

"He was fleeing to Monarch Academy then they shot him and made him lose balance and he fell"

"Can I not just scare these assholes? Just a little bit"

"No."

"Ughh. I guess I should get going then"

"Before you do, do you mind if I ask you questions about Manolo?"

"Not at all!"

"Did you like the kind of man he was?"

"I respected him for his work but I didn't like how he treated his own son back then"

"Back then you also didn't like him though"