Chapter 34 A Day For Us

(trigger warning: Alcohol, Swearing, Mentions of Neglect? Soft Angst near the end, Implies suicidal Thoughts?)
(Words:2202

"Morning Davis you dressed up for a reason"

"Uhh yeah I'm gonna go out with Kat, she might forgive me if I bring her on a date I guess"

"Okayyy good luck with that"

"I won't be back until really late or I might stay over"

"That's fine, kiddo have fun"

"Thanks, I'm sorry again"

"Davis I've forgiven you. You got scared so you ran, it's not the first time Ive dealt with a runner"

"It's coming back to me what happened when I was whatever ages"

"Oh, you think that's good or?"

"I don't think it's good or bad it's just a weird incident"

"Yeah well have fun on your date"

Davis left Ronin and texted Kat as he was walking to McDonalds.

Davis: Meet me outside the place we met. No weapons, no tricks, no hero costumes just us, casual or fancy you choose I'm paying.
Kat: you sure it's still your hero costume...ಠ⁠︵⁠ಠ
Davis: I know you're mad at me but... Pleaseee did you see that part where I said I'm paying.
Kat: fineeee... I'll be there only because you're paying.
Davis: <3 (⁠・⁠ω⁠・⁠)⁠つ⁠⊂⁠(⁠・⁠ω⁠・⁠)
Kat: daviii don't you do that you know Im mad at you and you I love those things you can do
Davis: I know <3
Davis is offline
Kat is offline

Davis was in a cleaner version of his casual clothes, except instead of his usual jacket he wore a different kind of jacket one with a corner pocket for a rose to give to Kat. He wore
his usual (now fixed) visors, he's nearly wearing what he wore when they met. Kat on the hand was wearing her pink polka dot skirt and pink blouse with the green frilly collar. Davis held the rose in his hand outside the McDonalds they had met. Kat arrived a few moments later.

"H-h-h-hey K-kat"

"Hi... Davis"

"You look incredible this morning, here" He blushed putting the rose in her hair.

"So what is this date for"

"Appreciation for Kat and Apology Date"

"What's your plan here Davi"

"We'll do whatever the hell you want all day"
Kat grabbed the collar of Davis shirt,"well I want to get drunk and do some cloud watching first I need chicken nuggets and a MC café"

"Then that's what we'll do m'lady" Davis crouched down a bit and kissed her pulling away a few seconds later and pulled the door of the McDonalds open "after you"
Kat blushed. She blushed hard. She had to cover her face with her hand even though her fingers were spread and Davis could still see how red she was.

"You think this'll make me forgive you"

"No but it's a start" Davis smiled at her. *His smile is so warm and genuine. It's nothing like anyone else especially not mother's* Kat thought to herself before ordering two chicken nuggets meals on the self service screens.
"Well don't worry by the end of this day I think I'll have forgiven you but there's still others you worried sick you know"

"I know and I'll get to it but right now, today is about us"

-timeskip they finished their chicken nugget meals now they are lying on grass in a park cloud watching talking about anything And everything-
(my fucking dream to do that ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ Deep Conversations *fucking chefs kiss*)