Chapter 67 I Guess It's Final

(does anyone even remember that Minecraft RP series↑)

(trigger warning: Trauma. Swearing, the usual)

Davis stopped on a rooftop somewhere to call his grandparents.

Betty: Hey sweetheart how are you doing today?
Davis: I'm doing o-okay Betty, how are you and grandpa doing?

Davis tried his best not to stutter more than he usually does. It's easily forgotten that Betty and Harold have no idea about The Dark Wasp or anything related to those events. They especially don't know the amount of people Davis had well uhh killed.

Betty: Are sure you've been alright Davis, it's been months nearly an entire year since I had heard from you.
Davis: I'm sorry about that grandma, I've been really busy, haven't had time to just take a break.
Betty: well you know if you don't stop and look around every once in a while you're gonna watch your life go by without you.
Davis: I know Betty.. I know.. t-that's why I'm gonna move on.
Betty: what do you mean by that honey
Davis: I've been thinking about it..a lot, I'm gonna move to America, you know to start anew.
Betty: is Kat okay with this??
Davis: y-yeah she's excited for a new adventure
Betty: well honey that's a great idea. We'll be here for you. You can finally live your dream of being a hero. That's so great.
Harold in the background: what's that kid doing now Betty?
Betty to Harold: he's moving to America to finally become a hero Harold.
Harold to Betty: Why dont we move with him. It would be a fun adventure wouldn't it be Betty.
Betty to Harold: That would be so much fun. Davis what do you think, let's go with you?
Davis: I'm m-mean only if you're up for it it would be c-cool to have you there.
Betty: then we would get to see you more often. Oh yes when were you thinking of going.
Davis: the e-end of the y-year seems like the b-best time as any.
Betty: we'll go there earlier than you, you know to get the living situation set up and things
Harold in the background: I'll get looking at plane tickets.
Betty to Harold: we aren't gonna sell this place are we Harold? I mean Davis practically grew up here.

*Sometimes they forget I'm on the other line but it's fine sometimes you know. Sometimes they reminisce on the old times and the good memories* Davis thought to himself.

Harold to Betty: I mean we don't have to sell it.
Betty to Harold: I mean it is his childhood home and it is our home.
Betty to Davis: Are you sure you've been alright.  Nothing has been going on at all. Ronins been looking after you?
Davis: I'm sure Betty. I didn't mean to make you worry...
Harold: we've gotta make sure everything is tip top shape. We can just make it into a sort of holiday home you know.
Davis: maybe Ronin could look after it..he's doing pretty well with the bakery.
Harold: I don't wanna overwhelm that man's responsibilities. He has enough on his plate.

The line cut off. Neither side cut it off it just did.
A text notification dinged his phone.

It was Betty who texted, it read 'sorry hun our power cut out. Something's wrong with the box, it's probably those damn raccoons chewing it again. xx'

He texted back 'it's fine grandma. I should be getting home anyway, it's getting late here.'

'Sorry Hun I didn't realize. I keep forgetting the timezone difference. I'll let you get home and rest. Sleep well, son. xx'

He didn't text back. That conversation ended there. It was getting darker and he was still sitting on a rooftop. He pocketed his phone and started flying back home for the last few final weeks. The dark thoughts started rolling in.