Chapter 80 Run In With Old Friends

(author: I have 12 yes 12 fucking chapters of this book to publish. I'll update Multiverse of Madness soon I swear.)(happy reading folks- well actually it's not really happy-)

[Redacted] grabbed Davis' arm and pulled him to the church, she dragged him into a confession box, so no one could see them.

"Uhh who are you?"

"Don't fuck with me. I know it's you, Davis"

Davis (he had a hood up) pulled down his hood, and spoke softly, "How'd you know?"

"I overheard your conversation with some lady and that blue haired guy"

"You can't tell anyone okay?"

"You don't even remember me... Do you?"

Davis leaned against one wall and she leaned against the opposite one,
"A lot of shit has happened since we met."

"You're telling me, I mean both of your parents died..."

"Yeah..Maybe you could jog my memory"

"I was the princess captured by the Evil Queens you were the brave knight in shining armour with a ferocious dragon by your side."

"You were the princess, the evil Queens were our mothers" Davis said, starting to remember the good part of his childhood, that was long forgotten.

"I was a brave knight in shining armour, the dragon by my side was.....was...."

"Your dad..."

"I haven't really been on good terms with him since that time"

"You left things on a bad note.."

"Yeah... God he was difficult to deal with when he was alive"

"Aren't they all?" She said with a slight smile but it quickly left her face.

"Are your folks still around"

"Yeah. As you might know my mother is insufferable.

"Has he divorced her yet? David asked remembering more and more as they talked.

"Yeah, recently actually"

"Good for him, and you"

She smiled, "I got a partner"

"A lover?" Davis smiled while asking. He remembered the silly crush he developed on her when they were young and didn't understand what love was or what it meant.

"Yup. I think they might be my soulmate."

"Good for you Delilah" Davis said, finally remembering her name.

Delilah smiled, "did the unlovable lonely freak find love yet."

"That's what they called me... Also yeah I did find someone. Like you said. I think I found my soulmate"

"Where is she, why isn't she at your pretend funeral."

"I'm living my dream"

"You became a Pro-Hero"

"The funeral. Me faking my death it's kinda just a plan to get plans sort of thing"

"So where's your soulmate at"

"She's somewhere hoping I'll save her"

"Well if you're as good at saving people as you are faking your own funeral, I reckon you'll be fine"

Davis smiled, "I'm sorry if I hurt you or scared you"

"When Ronin called us, it was a shock to learn it was your funeral. And to think you were actually dead."