Chapter 16 More Explaining

-le next day-

(Third person POV)

Ronin wakes up to Davis getting checked by Venus for one of the final times before he's admitted to leave.

"Morning Ronin" Venus said in quite a good mood

"Morning V, Davis"

"He might not be able to talk for a few hours with the medication" he apologized

"That's fine, it's good that he's resting his throat, Kat's probably gonna be screaming in your ears soon, you'll need your voice then" he chuckled.

That earned a slight smile of Davis before he yawned. His body still felt weak, so his quirk definitely wasn't gonna work yet.

"Well that's the check up over, I need to go get the papers for you to sign" Venus said before leaving

Davis just nodded then looked at Ronin.

Davis wanted to know how low long he was actually out and if Betty knew, she probably didn't know. But it's better to save the pain in his throat for when Kat shows up

Ronin decides since Davis' voice should be okay he's gonna once again move the date for the court to tomorrow because he's getting bored of Davis not having present parents. It's unfair for such a sweet soft-spoken kid like him.

The court people on the phone were getting pissed and said he wasn't allowed to change the date another time after this one.
Hopefully he won't need to.

Venus comes back with the papers for Davis to sign. Davis signs them with his fancy cool signature but then it says it needs a parent/carers signature.

Both Venus and Davis look over to Ronin who had just ended an awkward phone call.

"You need to sign this, you are his parents in a few days, so it counts"

"Tomorrow actually and sure" Ronin signs the paper.

Venus looks at him confused "what do you mean tomorrow" as he takes the papers back and signs it where it says 'admitted to leave by' or something like that.

Davis was confused too but he couldn't help but smile. He didn't care it was so soon, well technically it's been weeks but Ronins finally gonna officially be his dad.

"I rescheduled again for tomorrow instead, sooner the better, that's okay right Davis"

Davis happily nodded

"Alright, I gotta go file this and let everyone in reception in for visiting hours. as soon as you want to leave during visiting hours you can"

Davis nodded in thanks.

"One more thing even though you're awake, you still need rest, so no more of these secret patrols or whatever"

Davis awkwardly nodded while looking down at that.

Venus leaves and not even 5 minutes later Kat Shino, Yuki and Clover shows up with Avian trailing behind

"Hey all umm, how much did Kat say" Ronin glares at Kat while he asks them

"Only that he got seriously injured and went into a coma" Shino shrugs clearly missing a few details out from what they were told.

"Right, sure" Ronin wasn't believing that for a second

Avian asks Ronin "Is his throat and everything else okay, he got stabbed quite a few times by Rain?"

Ronin responds "Venus said everything is okay and healing how it should and by their surprised faces Kat didn't tell you that bit"

"I thought it was best that Davis told them himself about that bit, thanks Avian"
Kat was hugging Davis while glaring at Avain.

"B-b-but a-are y-you o-o-okay Kat"

Ronin muttered to Avian " he stuttered every word except her name.."

Avian whispers back "love can do things man"

Kat responds to Davis "of course I'm okay"

Yuki says " so this is where you've been Davis Senpai, Shizu Clover and Artemis were getting worried you weren't showing up to the maid cafe" Clover nods in agreement

"O-o-o-oh I k-k-kinda f-forgot a-a-about that if I'm b-b-being honest" Davis struggled to say.

"That's fair, since there is 'Betty Bakes' but you might wanna let them know or show up to work again" Kat mentioned.

Kat is now sitting next to Davis on his hospital bed refusing to stop hugging him. Ronin is glaring at her.

"That's why my favourite bakery has been closed recently" Clover says before adding "I love the cinnamon rolls, do you make them Davis"

"Y-y-y-yeah, my g-g-grandmother m-m-mostly m-m-made t-t-them a-and I helped h-her but she's h-hardly there a-a-a-anymore so I just make them"

"And you do this all by yourself Davis" Ronin took a break from glaring at Kat to say.

"I m-m-mean y-y-y-yeah" Davis is still struggling with his stuttering

"I'm changing the agreement with your grandparents, it's unfair for her to leave you to do that on your own"

Ronins tone of voice was getting more stern

"I'm o-o-o-old enough R-r-r-r-ronin besides it's not t-that hard" Davis doesn't want to start an argument but it wasnt his grandmother's fault. It wasn't anyone's fault but his. That's what he thinks anyway.

"Bullshit barely old enough you mean. You're still meant to be in school. You're not even old enough to drink"

With that Ronin left the room not wanting to continue this argument any longer, he was clearing getting upset.

-Insert awkward silence-

"Why don't you hang out at one of your dorms instead since Davis has been admitted to leave, I'll go after Ronin" Avian says breaking the silence

With Avian and Ronin
"Avian dont even" Ronin isn't in the mood

"Ronin, Go talk to him, he's about be your fucking kid. he will be okay with it. Now GO!" "Hopefully you fucking take in my words"

Ronin leaves and Avian goes to Venus with gossip

"Sure we can go to my dorm, I'm sure Shizu would be worried after what I may or may not have mentioned to them" Kat says while helping Davis up and walk to the door.

He was fine with standing up but moving around just hurt his back, he did crash land outside of the hospital after he used his quirk to his very limit after all.

On the way to Dorm 3 Clover kept apologising about bringing it up. Davis kept reassuring her that it was fine and Ronin is only worrying about him.
They reached Kat dorm she knocked to see if anyone was home, Shizu answered 'come in'

Kat led everyone inside and they all sat at the table.

Now we had Shizu, Clover, Yuki, Shino, Davis and Kat sitting at one table. Is this a good idea, maybe not.