Chapter 79 Is This Actually Happening?

They finally arrived at 'Lonely Days Graveyard'. Nobody else has arrived yet so that meant they still had time to finish setting up.

"Hello Sir, I believe we spoke on the phone"

"We did yes. Hello"

"I'm [Redacted], And you two are?"

"You can call me Ronin, my friend here goes by Hummingbird"

"Alrighty then please follow me"

She led them to the church. They followed her with a little distance between them.

"You okay?" Davis whispered.

"I can't believe I'm actually going through with this, this is insane"

"You'll be fine" Davis comforted him using Ronins own words to do so.

"Let's hope you're right"

"They're your words, you're usually right"

That made Ronin let out a small quiet chuckle and smile. It quickly disappeared since they were in a cemetery for people to grief Thier lost loved ones.

They followed her through the church and past a bunch of gravestones and then she stopped all of a sudden.

She had stopped at Manolo and Sarah's gravestones. With a coffin sized hole in between them and a headstone beside it.

Davis zoned out and dissociated seeing both of his parents graves and soon his one, although it was fake.

"Your requests were filled. The cemetery is closed for your service"

"Thank you. We really appreciate it"

"I'll let you deal with the rest" she said before leaving.

"You alright kid..?"

Davis didn't respond since he was dissociating into the void.

"Kid..? You alright?"

Ronin rested his hand on Davis' shoulder, trying to get his attention out of the void of nothingness.

"Earth to the kid.. Hummingbird?"

Still nothing. He just continued to blankly stare at the gravestones in front of them.

-meanwhile with Kreig-

"Kreig my friend, it's good to see you again" the male boss spoke.

"Boss. Mrs Boss"

"Hello Kreig, what do we owe for your appreciated appearance?" The female's voice was relaxed, she was calm and her tone wasn't as deep as her counterpart's.

"I got some news for the both of you"

"About what exactly?" The male's voice was deep and stern, he was very serious.

"About the hero you've been after"

"What about that poor boy" she inquired with somewhat genuine concern. She didn't hate Davis for whatever reason. Her counterpart however did hate him. A lot.

"He's dead."

She-Boss came forward shook, she looked at Kreig in disbelief.

"How?"

"Your henchmen, that fire they set in Monarch Academy."

"How did you know about that?" the Male asked.

"News travels fast, anyway apparently they found a burned body, they identified it to be one Davis Ramirez, last of his name"

"Oh, I was hoping for a chance to talk to him"