Chapter 26 True Colours

(it's a long one, TW: swearing (it's Ronin), the usual words:2510)

"Time to wake up, we gotta get going to my day cram class, you have to come with me"

No answer

"Baby boy time to wake up, you want breakfast"

No answer

"Davis come on you gotta get up kid"

Still no answer

Ronin goes to check in with C.D since he hasn't gotten an answer not even a stutter back. He goes into his room to find him playing with Rain......
.
.
.
"Uhhhh"

"You're that nice hero I once met" Rain's ears were perked up like always but his tail was tucked in between his legs indicating he was scared. Of what though...? He was scared but he didn't show it with a kid around.

"At that time I didn't know you were a villain"

"Am i intruding"

"Kind of but Davis seems to not be afraid of you for some reason, why are you even here"

"I wanted to visit Davis but he's a child. Why uhh how... I'm so confused"

"Someone used an age potion on him or something we don't know when or who but we've been aging him up slowly"

"Probably that new villain around"

"You've seen them"

"Yeah hes been trying to replace Metica, do a better job than him at being a super villain"

"Does that mean he's gonna go after Davis" Ronin's tone of voice turned serious.

Rain nodded with hesitation which wasn't like him at all, but maybe people do change
"Baby boy can you change please"

"n-n-n-n-no c-c-c-c-clothes f-f-fit m-me"

"I know kiddo but Arti can fix that for you if you can change into the big ones for me" Ronins tone turns softer and kinder when he's talking to child Davis compared to when he's talking to someone else like Kowalski or Leander even.

"O-o-o-o-okay" C.D leaves to change leaving the hero and villain to talk. Is that a good idea??
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"I can't believe I'm gonna ask this but what do you think his plans are with Davis"

"Probably kidnap him. Make him weak. Then force him into a henchman almost."

"Henchman.. So this new supervillain wants to force MY kid to work for him, Fuck No that ain't happening"

"Also how old is he right now?... You might've said but I get distracted easily"

"He's nine"

"He looks much younger, he's pretty small for a nine year old"

"He was practically a baby's size when he was five so yeah I know, Manolo was a shitty man and worse father"

"I don't want anything to happen to him, he's been through too much so maybe I can help you"

"You... Help me... I don't know"

"Please I actually have quite a soft spot for kids Im not anything like Krieg, I'm not gonna hurt any of the good guys, and if it's not a bother I can come with you to your what do you call your classes"

"My cram classes, I, myself have seen evidence that you've changed or better yet trying to change and even if you're not currently a villain you're still a very wanted guy you know. That's not the best idea especially with a bunch of Pro-Heroes teaching there"