43*44

As expected Lisa and her friends passed the complete medical exams.

And they were scheduled for the final round of the Physical Fitness Assessment: the "Survival of the Fittest", where candidates were required to stay inside the Military Academy for three days, billeting during the assessment and challenges.

At this round, everyone was back to the beginning and those who passed the final rounds would be the only ones who would be admitted to the Military Academy.

Lisa was panting hard after doing the shuttle run.

"You are doing great, Lisa. All of you guys!" Said the coach with thumbs up.

"Oh crap! I'm so hungry." May exclaimed loudly as she followed Lisa who laid her body on the grass.

The training for Lisa's group was continuous and the coaches put up a harder and stricter training as per Lisa's instruction.

"Sis, what happened at the in-laws meeting?" Lana asked stuttering as she caught her breath. Lisa was silent the whole time and the three of them were already dying of curiosity about how things went at the meeting with the Liu Family.

Lisa smiled, it was her normal mischievous smile, indicating that everything ended up well much to her liking.

"Hmmm… It went well for now…" Lisa answered simply.

Drey's face twitched and he complained, "Can we at least get the details? How well? You mean there's no more arranged marriage or you just delayed it with excuses?"

"Hmm…" Lisa mumbled as she recalled how embarrassed Old Madam Liu's, as well as Jeru's, faces were. It was so funny that she couldn't help but burst out in laughter.

"Lisa Chan!" Lana exclaimed impatiently.

"Alright, you gossip mongers!" Lisa said laughing.

"I simply told them 'NO' and that it's my right to reject them. I said I'm too young for that kind of thing and I wanted to experience a lot of things during my youth." Said Lisa.

"Only that and Old Madam Hitler agreed? She just let you slip away that easily?" Lana burst out in disbelief.

"Of course not. They said they can wait and that we don't have to marry immediately and will be engaged in the process until I reach the age of twenty-three." Lisa answered.

All eyes were on her, including the coaches, waiting for her to continue.

"I said that I will only marry for love and nothing will change that! Guess what she said?"

"You can fall in love after you marry him… Love comes after, with time!" Said Lisa as she tried to copy Old Madam Liu's demanding voice.

"Ohhh…" her friends gasped, and Lisa rolled her eyes and revealed everything in detail to her friends.

"Ohh, that's nice… That way, Old Madam Liu can't blame your parents. They are off the hook, they might even pity your parents for having the most stubborn daughter…" Lana nodded in agreement.

"Hmmm, what if there is some kind of aftermath? What did Jeru Liu say?" Drey asked next.

Lisa shrugged her shoulders because Jeru was too quiet the whole time. She never heard him say a thing.

At first, she thought to say that she would agree only if she fell in love at first, but then it would have only made things worse. Just the thought of Jeru bugging her while she was trying to bug Jungkook made her head spin and ache.

The Lius, in the end, did not pursue the matter and it ended up with Old Madam Liu understanding the situation because she knew well that Lisa was Field Marshal Chan's only daughter and he treasured her the most.