285*286

It was Lisa's second ultrasound scan appointment today. She was so excited because this was the day when she could finally verify whether or not she was carrying twins. Her first scan didn't confirm more than just the presence of a heartbeat, and it was difficult to determine whether or not there was more than one heartbeat.

"Why are your hands so cold?" Jungkook asked as they walked hand in hand toward the ob-gyn department of Yang hospital.

Lisa laughed and replied, "Probably because I'm too excited."

After waiting a few minutes, an assistant nurse called her name, requesting her to go inside for her ultrasound session. Jungkook accompanied her into the room.

"Oh, congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Lim. You're having twins," Doctor Jean Wang cheerfully informed the couple as she performed the scan on Lisa's belly.

Lisa looked at the image of their twin babies on the screen, still the size of kidney beans. Happiness took hold of her, and tears immediately filled her eyes. She clutched onto Jungkook's arm, her gaze still fixated on the screen, while she murmured in between her sobs, "I knew it... I told you we're having twins. They told me through that dream… Oh gosh, that Deyna Song was right. I could really kiss her!"

Jungkook was smiling from ear to ear while he hugged Lisa from her side. He was also staring at the screen before he said to doctor Wang, "My wife really worked hard for it, Doc."

"Ouch!!" Jungkook yelped when he felt Lisa's fingers pinching his side. Then he let out a hearty laugh as he tightened his hug on her and kiss her on her head. He, too, was overjoyed.

"No, of course, not... This General was the one who worked hard for it, right?" Jungkook coaxed her lovingly.

Both of them stayed inside the room a little bit longer so they could look at their babies and hear their heartbeats for a while more.

As soon as they stepped outside the room, they were startled by Xander's sudden appearance. He had been waiting outside of the ultrasound room. "So, what is it? Wait, were you crying?" He asked upon seeing Lisa's red eyes.

Lisa smiled broadly and hugged her cousin brother as she happily declared, "Yeah, because I'm too happy. You will be an uncle of twins!"

"Ohhh! Really!? Oh, that's so cool! Your dream came true! Wait, I don't want to be just an uncle. I want to be the godfather too!" Xander burst out. He was also happy to hear the news.

"Didn't you say a doctor had already told you this only after checking your pulse? Who's that doctor?" Xander asked. He was curious. Lisa smiled and answered, "You know you're one of my favorite people, right? I'll tell you because I love you, and I'm biased toward you. Much more than toward my big boss because... She's Bernard's girlfriend!!!"

"What?!" Xander exclaimed, totally in shock. "Bernard has a girlfriend? Really? How come I didn't know?" he asked in a row.

Lisa laughed before she menacingly said, "Well, you can ask him, but don't you dare tell him that you got the info from me. If you do, forget about being the godfather of my twins."

Then she pulled Jungkook to walk toward the exit, leaving Xander, who was still standing in his spot, looking perplexed. "We'll get going now, big bro… Bye-bye."

But after only a few steps, Lisa paused and turned around to chide her cousin brother, "You need to get yourself a girl too! Gosh, it's not like you're getting any younger! Bernard's girlfriend seems to be a great doctor. She's adorable and charming, as well. Try to get someone like her, won't you?"