339*340

"What's wrong mom?" asked Torin full of concern from another line. His mom called him sobbing so hard that he could not understand her well.

"Mom calm down. What happened? Where are you?" he asked as he started to worry Lyra who was preparing dinner walked towards her husband.

"What's wrong?" she asked as soon as she saw him ending the call. "I have to go to the hospital. Mom is there... My dad... He... he is in a critical condition and he is asking for me." said Torin as he walked to the door.

"I will go with you. Give me the car key. I'll drive," instructed Lyra because she didn't want to allow Torin to drive in this disoriented state.

While they were inside the car, Lyra grabbed Torin's hand and gently squeezed it as she drove. She was not good with comforting words so she held Torin's hand along the way.

Lyra could feel Torin's trembling as soon as they arrived at the hospital. "It's alright... Let's go..." she mumbled as she pulled Torin inside. His father was inside the Intensive Care Unit and was in a very critical condition due to heart failure. Shock and other organ failure has occurred.

"You two go inside... Your father wants to see you and your wife..." murmured Torin's mother. Her eyes were swollen and her voice was hoarse from crying.

Torin was still zoned out that Lyra would often call him to get him back. The couple entered the Intensive Care Unit where his father was. There were so many things that were connected to his body. He was mad at his father but he did not want to see him in this state

Lyra inhaled and pulled Torin towards to his dad. His dad opened his eyes and tears welled in those eyes as soon as he saw his son. "I'm s-o-r-ry son..." Torin's dad struggled to say the words as he was having a hard time to breath. He couldn't stop his tears and Lyra could tell how regretful Torin's father was

"I'm s-o-r-ry son..." he kept mumbling repeatedly, trying his best to say it clearly. Torin started to cry and held his father's hand as he said, "Please dad. You're suffering. I heard you... Don't say anymore. I... I'm sorry I let you down and I did not follow what you wanted from me..."

Torin felt his father squeez his hand hard as he shook his head, gesturing Torin to stop apologizing.

"It's a-ll my f-ault so-n. It's to-o late... I realized it t-oo l-ate..." Torin's father mumbled stuttering as he gasped for air.

"I'm r-eally s-orry. Plea-se forgiv-e me.." Torin's father continued even though Torin tried to stop him.

"Stop dad it's alright. Just get strong soon..." Torin whimpered as he cried. His mother told him that his father was a hopeless case and he would soon leave them.

For so many years, this was the first time Torin saw his father smile. He looked so happy as he stared at Lyra and then to Torin before he whispered, "I lo-ve y-ou so-n."

That moment the monitor made a loud straight beep and Torin saw his dad closed his eyes with a smile on his face.

"NO!" Torin hysterically shouted as he hugged his father. "Please wake up dad. My wife... You haven't met her properly... Your grandchildren... You should wait for your grandchildren!!!"

Lyra called for the doctors and they entered the room and tried to revive Torin's father. Torin was crying hard and Lyra hugged him tight as she gently pat his back. Lyra and Torin's mom were crying too.