191*192

Lisa was resting her head on Jungkook's chest when Jungkook grabbed her hand as he clasped it with his. After their intimate love making on the sofa, the two continued on the bed afterwards.

"How's your work?" asked Jungkook after a moment of silence. Lisa sighed and answered, "I heard Gavin was planning to resign. His position as Thea's partner will be vacant. They are not sure whether to get another male anchor or a female one to fill the position this time."

"Hmm, that's a good opportunity for you then. Show them that you're far better than all of the other anchors. Honestly, I will feel more at ease if you could just stay inside the office instead of going out to do field works…" Jungkook stated his opinion in a serious tone. He could not bear to see Lisa do her job in dangerous areas like some shady neighborhoods where violent gangs battles or fights would break out between the police and some criminals, or even an active warzone.

"Ohh, you need to know something important," Lisa suddenly cried out as she almost forgot that she had promised Thea to inform Jungkook about her situation. Then she narrated all the details about Thea and her connection with Mr. Big.

"If you succeeded in bringing down Mr. Big, Thea would be freed too. She's willing to cooperate and tell us everything that she knows about him. I think she can be of help to the mission. She could infiltrate that organization from the inside. I will act as a bridge between you and Thea, because she said Mr. Big is always keeping his eyes on her. So it would be highly inadvisable for the two of you to be seen together." explained Lisa.

She heard Jungkook chuckle as he spoke, "Hmm are you sure it's because of safety reasons that Thea and I should not be seen together?" Lisa raised her head and looked at Jungkook with an arched brow as she scoffed at him, "General Lim, do you think you married a petty-minded wife?"

Jungkook gave her a stern look as he answered, "So are you saying that I'm petty because I forbid you to see Jeru alone?"

"Wait, how did Jeru suddenly pop up in this conversation?" Lisa retorted. Jungkook did not respond and remained silent that made Lisa roll her eyes.

"Well I trust you, of course, it's just that I'm not comfortable with how Jeru looks at you." explained Jungkook in a low tone. As a man, he could sense that Jeru still had something for Lisa. The tender look in Jeru's eyes whenever he would look at her was a dead giveaway.

Things like this had never mattered to him before, but ever since he was with Lisa, there were times when he couldn't help but feel some sense of inferiority, thinking that he was not good enough for someone like Lisa Chan.

It was not so much about him. He could handle people slinging mud at him. He had experienced enough of the world's cruelty that he had become the tough guy that he was right now and immune to people who had been trying to discredit him. But, Lisa… If Lisa was to face some backlash just because she was married to an ordinary guy like him, it would really upset him.

He knew Lisa and her family were not like the others. However, he still could not help but feel bothered at the thought of Lisa being ridiculed for marrying someone whose status was way beneath her and her prominent family.

'Tough? Are you really a tough guy, Jungkook? Then why do you feel jealous? And inferior to Jeru?' his inner thoughts questioned him.

Maybe because Jeru was someone who had everything and the world would not be bothered to mistreat or belittle him.

'Well, hold that thought, Jungkook,' he mused to himself. That was not entirely correct. Jeru did not have everything… Jeru might have a lot of things that Jungkook didn't have, but he still lacked one thing that Jungkook has, and that he would never get.