Not Ours

"What are you talking about? This is the Umbrella Academy

"What are you talking about? This is the Umbrella Academy." Allison told him.

"Wrong again. This is the Sparrow Academy." Dad said.

Footsteps came from behind us. I turned around to see who it was. Up on the balcony were five people peering down at us with a floating green glow-y cube thing. Diego unsheathed a knife. Someone walked in front of the bar.

My heart stopped when I saw him. I stumbled backwards, grasping Klaus' arm. Ben stood in front of us looking different than we last saw him with stubble and a scar on his cheek. He tilted his head when he looked at me. Confusion was written all over his face.

"Ben." I whispered.

"Dad, who the hell are these assholes?" Ben asked.

"Shit." My siblings and I spoke in unison.

"Ben." Klaus breathed out a smile.

Ben furrowed his brows in confusion. This can't be real. There is no way Ben died a couple hours ago and for him to be alive and in front of me. I pinched my arm to make sure I was still alive. A sharp pain informed me that this was real. Luther walked up to him.

"Is that really you?" Luther asked.

"And who are the weirdos on the balcony?" Diego yelled.

"Sheesh, no need to yell." I rolled my eyes, noting how Klaus winced at Diego's yelling. "They're upstairs not five stories above us."

"They are the Sparrows." Sir Reginald informed. "My children."

"I'm sorry, what?" I blinked rapidly, looking between Sir Reginald and the Sparrows. My eyes lingered longer on Ben. "We've been replaced? We've been replaced. Of fucking course we've been replaced."

"Tam, calm down." Five placed a hand on my arm before facing Dad. "I'm sorry. What do you mean, you're children? That's not possible old man."

"Of course it is!" Dad responded. The rest of the Sparrows walked down to stand next to Ben. I eyed them and crossed my arms. "I think I'd know, wouldn't I?"

"Everybody else can see Ben, right?" Klaus pointed at Ben.

"I've been asking myself the same thing." I leaned toward Klaus and muttered. My eyes never left Ben. A smirk grew on his lips as he noticed my staring. "So we all see him right? He's alive? I'm not hallucinating or dead?"

"Cute hat, Sundance." Ben held his hands in front of him. Klaus tipped his hat toward him. Ben turned his attention to me, causing my breath to be caught in my throat. The smirk never left his lips. "I'm very much alive, sweetheart. Thanks for noticing."