Dysfunctional Family Meeting

It was another regular day in Deborah's Floral Shop

It was another regular day in Deborah's Floral Shop. The shop was currently quiet at the moment, our latest costumer only walking out with an order a few minutes ago. I was currently arranging a bouquet for a wedding order. In front of me was a vase that held silver dollar eucalyptus stems and soft pink roses.

"Here's the white hydrangeas blossoms." Katlyn, me fellow coworker, handed me the bunch. Her thick curly brown hair was pulled into a high pony tail with a red scrunchie.

"Thanks, Kat." I sent her a smile as I grabbed them. Picking one of the white flowers, I gently placed it between the eucalyptus stems and the roses. Stepping back, I puckered my lips in concentration. "What do you guys think?"

"It's looks beautiful." Mrs. Deborah walked around the counter to join us. "What color ribbon did she want again?"

"Um," I walked towards the table and looked at the order form. "Navy blue."

"Katlyn, can you tend the register while I get the ribbon dear?" Mrs. Deborah started to head towards the back.

"Of course." Katlyn nodded. As she walked towards the back, she turned up the volume of the small television in the corner of the counter.

I arranged the white hydrangeas into the vase, only needing three more to finish it. As I was placing the three into the arrangement, the door chimed. I glanced over my shoulder to see a young man walk in.

"Welcome! Can I help you?" I asked.

"Uh, yes, please. I need help picking up some flowers for my friend. She's sick." The young man stated.

"Okay, no problem. Just give me a sec." I placed the last of the hydrangeas into the vase. Waving him to follow me, I started to walk towards the table that held the non-scented flowers that were in front of the television. "Okay, follow me. Is your friend allergic to any type of flower?"

"Uh, sunflowers. Or the pollen of sunflowers." He informed me.

"Alright, good to know. For someone who is sick, it's best to give them non-scented flowers. So, you had four options, sunflowers being one of them. But since your friend is allergic to them, then there are three options left. Irises, daffodils, and daisies." I pointed to each of the flowers. "Does she have a favorite flower?"

"When we were younger she used to pick a lot of daisies." The man rubbed his neck sheepishly.

"Then daises it is. Do you want a dozen or more?" I asked, grabbing some of the daises.

"Actually, can you make it fourteen daises? That's her favorite number."

"Of course. If you like, while I get your flowers together, Katlyn over there can help you pay." I said, pointing to a waving Katlyn behind the register.

He gave me a nod and walked to Katlyn. I silently counted in my head as I grabbed the daises. Once I grabbed fourteen, I reached for the cut ribbon I had in the pocket of my apron. As I was tying the bouquet, an all too familiar name came from the television. I quickly turned up the volume.