Delores Hates Me

"Tamela," Five asked

"Tamela," Five asked. He had just came back from spatial jumping to the hotel room Hazel and Cha-Cha were staying at. "Remember how you kept questioning who Delores was?"

"Yeah, why?" I eyed him curiously. He walked passed me and towards the mannequin resting on his dresser. I hesitated before asking, "Is that her?"

"Yes. Delores, this is my sister Tamela." Five beamed at me as he pointed at me. I've never seen him this happy before. He gave a nod in Delores' direction. "Yes, the less annoying sister. No need to be so rude."

My eyebrows furrowed as Five talked to Delores. Does he think the mannequin could talk? Five gave me a look, moving his eyes towards the mannequin.

"Oh, right, how, uh, rude of me. It's nice to finally meet you Delores." I have a wide grin and a wave to the mannequin. I felt stupid. "Five has talked about you. All great things."

"I did say the least annoying, Delores." Five shook his head with a sigh. He gave me an apologetic look. "I apologize for her behavior. She isn't used to sharing my attention with other females."

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. Should I be insulted?

"You know she's my sister." Five crossed his arms. "No need to call her an attention seeking whore."

"I'm a what now?" I glared at Five and Delores.

"I apologize for her rude behavior. Maybe it's best that you two stay as far away from each other as possible." Five placed a hand on my arm before quickly drawing it away. "Okay, hands are off Delores! Can you move the chair to the other side of the room and sit there, Tam? Again, I apologize."

"Uh...sure." I blinked.

It had been three hours since the word interaction with Delores.

I heaved a sigh, watching Five write on his bedroom wall. It was currently covered in equations. He was trying to figure who needs to die in order to save the world. Five has been writing the equation with chalk, currently his fifth, after he introduced me to Dolores.

"Shouldn't that be a three?" I lazily pointed to the number six he had just finished writing.

"What? No." Five gave me a ridiculed look with a shake of his head. I quirked an eyebrow. Muttering under his breath, Five reread the equation and gasp. "Shit. You're right."

"Wow, don't sound so amazed." I rolled my eyes.

"How'd you know?" Five furiously rubbed the number with his finger before he rewrote it with the chalk.