Blast From The Past

I was standing in the hotel lobby with anger clouding my thoughts

I was standing in the hotel lobby with anger clouding my thoughts. The urge to hit something was strong as I clenched my hands. My eyes drifted up to the loft. With a sharp breath, I stomped up the stairs and went straight for the pool tables.

"Tam? You okay?" Diego stood near the pool table with a basket full of liquor with white rags dipped inside.

"I'm pissed." I stopped next to him and eyed the Molotov cocktails.

"Don't ask." Diego moved the box of liquor away from me.

"I wasn't going to ask anything." I held my hands up in defense. I stepped closer to Diego and tried to reach for one. "Actually...can I use one?"

"Hey, hands off!" Diego smacked my hand and gave me a scolding look. "No. Why do you even want a Molotov cocktail?"

"Blowing something up sounds fun right now." I tilted my head with a grin. "Or hitting something. But catching something on fire sounds great."

"No chance Pyro." Diego quickly walked away from me.

"What happened? Did everything go okay?" Luther got up from his seat and walked over to me. I gave him an irritated look. "Shit."

"Yeah, it went to shit. Allison messed things up!" I saw an opened bottle of beer and walked towards it. Luther raised a brow and handed it to me. Muttering a thanks, I took a sip. My nose scrunched at the horrible taste. "Yuck, I can't believe you guys actually like this shit."

"It's good shit." Diego countered, placing some cocktails around the loft.

"What did Allison do?" Luther asked.

"She told Ben and Fei that we had Marcus." I sat down next to Luther and placed the beer on the pool table. "Viktor and I were telling them we didn't have him, and Allison rumored me to be quiet."

"She did what?" Diego snapped his attention to me.

"Yeah, it was a bitch move. I couldn't say a thing. Viktor tried, but Allison beat him to it. The Sparrows are coming at four because Allison told them we would exchange Marcus for the briefcase. We don't have Marcus!" I placed my face into my hands. Luther awkwardly patted my back. "We're screwed. All chances we had on working with them is out the door. Now we have to worry about the stupid paradox and the Sparrows."

"We'll figure a way. Promise." Luther gave me a nod.

"Kind of hard to keep a promise like that, Luther." Diego warned.

"Viktor and Allison should be here in a few minutes. I ditched them
after Allison and I had a fight." I mumbled, reaching for a billiard ball. I started to roll it around on the pool table. "Where's Little Diego?"