Be The Light

I let out a groan

I let out a groan. My head was pounding. I placed a hand to my forehead and sat up. My eyes adjusted to the lighting in the hallway. I looked around to see I was behind the desk.

Everything was calm. No powerful energy waves were trying to kill me. It was dead silent.

"You okay?" I heard Vanya ask.

"Vanya?" Allison softly said.

"Physically or emotionally?" Klaus groaned.

"Where's-"

"Does anybody else have a killer headache?" I slowly stood up, using the desk to steady me. "I feel like it's trying to explode."

"There she is." Diego rolled his eyes.  I stuck out my tongue. He looked at Vanya with a smile. "You're alive."

Allyson breathed out a chuckle. She leaned back against the desk. Klaus laid his head on her lap. The boys both let out content sighs. I slowly walked towards them, my legs feeling like lead.

"Did we save the world or what?" Klaus slowly sat up.

"I think so." Allison answered, looking around. "Building's still here."

"No one is coming here to kill us either, so that's a plus." I heaved a sigh. I placed my forearms on the desk and leaned my full weight on it. "Man, I'm exhausted. A nap sounds good right now."

"Nap later." Diego glanced at his watch. "Kennedy's a few minutes away. I can still save him."

Diego stumbled to stand on his feet. I furrowed my brows at him. He started to jog down the hall. His feet dragged a bit, slowing his pace down.

"No, Diego, wait!" Allison ran after him.

She patted Vanya's arm on the way. Vanya gave her a forced smile. Klaus noticed, tilting his head.

"Why doesn't he understand Kennedy needs to die or else we'll screw up the timeline even more?" I ran a hand down my face in irritation.

"Vanny?" Klaus placed his hand on the wall to stand up. "What's with the face?"

"I...uh..." Vanya rolled her lips together.

She placed her hands in her pocket. I exchanged a confused look with Klaus. Suddenly, Klaus started to looked around the hallway in urgency. Vanya glanced at me before staring at the ground.

"Where's Ben? Ben!" Klaus called out.

"Vanya? D-do you where Ben is?" I nervously swallowed.