Shitty Night

Brunch with Klaus was great

Brunch with Klaus was great. He made sure to stay away from the topic of my husband and mother-in-law. He did bring up on who the attackers might have been. I had no clue. It could have been a hate crime. An hour later, Klaus dropped me off at my house.

"You sure you will be okay?" He asked, staring doorless house. "The guys can still be there."

"I have to go to work in uniform and it's inside the house. If anything, I can go through the shadows, okay?" I told him.

"Fine. If anything happens, just go to Allison's. My cult is at my place and are super touchy feely so...no privacy what's so ever." Klaus shivered.

"Okay," I chuckled out. I brought him into a hug. "I'll see you soon, okay?"

"Yeah, see you soon." Klaus smiled.

I gave him a wave before exiting the car. Taking a deep breath, I walked into the house. Blood was randomly splattered on the floor. The kitchen knives were still lodged in the wall. There was no sight of the three men nor my husband and mother-in-law.

My heart fell. Deep inside, I was hoping Mario would be waiting for me. Should have known better. With a heavy heart, I quickly got changed into my uniform and shadow traveled to the building the event was taking place.

I popped out of the shadows of the trees near the parking lot. Smoothing down my outfit, I walked towards the back door where the employees were supposed to enter. I spotted Araceli talking to one of our co-workers, Leonila.

"Hey." I softly spoke, stepping next to them.

"Hi." Araceli warily eyed me.

"Just do your job and stay away from us." Leonila hissed, walking away from me.

"Nice to know Raquel told the entire city." I sighed, clenching my fist.

"Are you really a bruja?" Araceli asked.

"No." I laughed. "God, no."

"Then what the hell are you? Only evil things do what you can, Tamela." Araceli wet her bottom lip.

"Just because my powers are dark, doesn't mean I'm evil." I snapped back, thinking about the words Mom told me. "I'm more than that."

"Just-just give him time." Araceli stated.

"Is he okay?" I fiddled with my fingers.

"He's fine, both of them are. They stayed with us last night. Raquel told us...you were covered in blood Tamela."

"I was attacked." I sighed.

"Then explain how you popped out of nowhere in the middle of the street in front of their car? Or how you were able to control a-a shadow?" Araceli shook her head.

"I..." I exhaled deeply, shaking my head. "I can't tell you that."

"If you can't tell me, fine, but tell your husband. The poor guys is terrified." Araceli started to walk away.