Surprise!

I swallowed down the lump in my throat, my hands shaking

I swallowed down the lump in my throat, my hands shaking. The house slightly shook and the very few jewelry I had out on my vanity flew towards the other side of the room. I quickly materialized into the shadows and rushed outside to check out the storm. The wind was howling as something above me crackled.

I jumped out of the shadows when the door slammed opened. Diego was the first to walk out.  I stared at crackling blue vortex a few feet above our heads in awe. There appeared to be a scene in it, of trees and a white picket fence. Waves of the vortex fluttered outwards into webs.

"Oh." Diego stood next to me. The others quickly followed, staring at the vortex. I narrowed my eyes at the shade of the vortex. There was a form of familiarity to it.

"What is it?" Vanya asked.

"Don't get too close!" Allison warned.

"Yeah, no shit!" Diego responded.

"Looks like some form of temporal anomaly." Luther thought aloud. "Either that. Or a miniature black hole. One of the two."

"Pretty big difference there, Paul Bunyan." Diego retorted.

"Out of the way!" Klaus shoved his way between Luther and Diego with a fire extinguisher.

"What are you-"

Klaus ignored him and pressed the trigger to release the foam. When nothing came out, Klaus looked at the fire extinguisher before he threw the it at the vortex with a yell. The vortex only swallowed the fire extinguisher.

"What is that gonna do?" Allison questioned.

"I don't know." Klaus exasperated, throwing his hands into the air before dropping them by his side. "Do you have a better idea?"

"Well, at least we know he has a good fight or flight response." I chuckled out. Everyone gave me a look. "Sorry, wrong time to joke. Got it."

There was a loud crackle, chasing Klaus to stumble back towards us. I placed my hands on Klaus' shoulders to steady him.

"Woah, woah, woah." Luther mumbled. "Everyone get behind me."

"Yeah, get behind us." Diego added, pushing the girls and Klaus behind the two of them. Luther and Allison were holding each other's hands.

"I vote for running, c'mon!" Klaus inputted. 

There was an old man that appeared in the scene of the vortex. He was transforming into someone much younger. Someone familiar. The young boy broke through the barrier of the vortex and fell to the ground. The wind and the thunder started to calm down as the vortex slowly disappeared.

"Is that...?" I looked at my siblings. We slowly made our way over to the boy. He slowly stood up, grimacing in pain. The boy looked at us in shock.