Family Love

I rang Allison's doorbell

I rang Allison's doorbell. No one answered. All of the lights in her house were off. Sirens could be heard in the distance. My blood ran cold at the thought of Raquel reporting me to the police. I shadow traveled inside the house.

Stumbling into the house, I placed a hand on the wall for balance. My thigh was throbbing with pain from walking too much. Looking down at it, there was a dark patch on my dress where the bullet had scraped me. I released a curse and limped my way to the kitchen.

Voices came from outside the front door. I froze in my steps, turning to see if it was Allison and her husband. The door opened and two people walked in. The light turned on to reveal two of my siblings. They jumped when they saw me.

"Tamela! Oh my, God." Allison quickly closed the door.

"Are you okay?" Klaus rushed towards me. Tears unwilling fell down my cheeks. He placed comforting hands on my shoulders. "Hey, what happened? Tam?"

"I-some guys broke into my house, a-and Mario had seen me use my powers." I stuttered, wrapping my arms around my body.

"Hey, let me get the first aid kit, okay? Klaus, sit her down and give her some water." Allison told him.

"Yeah, okay, come on, Tam." Klaus led me to the kitchen table. He pulled out a seat for me. I slowly sat down, staring at my bloodied knuckles. Klaus quickly poured me a glass of water and handed it to me. "What else happened?"

"Well, obviously I lost the fight." I grabbed the cup of water and drank some. Klaus raised a brow. "I had to use my powers to get him out of the house. A-and then he came back with his mom..."

"Okay, Klaus, can you dampen that kitchen towel, please? We need to clean the blood before we inspect the wounds." Allison walked in with a small box.

"Sure." Klaus gave her a nod.

"Any serious injuries?" Allison pulled up a chair and sat in it.

"No." I muttered.

"Where's Mario?" Allison opened the box and started to get the gauze and hydrogen peroxide.

"Far away from me." I uttered, fiddling with my hands in my lap. Allison and Klaus exchanged a glance. "His mother called me a witch and...and they're terrified of me."

My voice fell into a whisper as the reality hit me. My husband was terrified of me. Allison pulled me into a hug as I cried. Klaus joined the hug, rubbing soothing circles on my back.

"It's going to be okay."

"He's scared of me." My voice cracked.