Sober Talks With Five

Five was finally awake

Five was finally awake. He explained what he saw when he went to the future and how it was the end of the world. He was sitting on the bed fidgeting with his hands. Luther and I were sitting in chairs in front of him.

"When is it supposed to happen?" Luther asked. "This apocalypse."

"I can't give you the exact hour, but..." Five pauses before continuing, "from what I could gather, we have four days left."

"Why didn't you say something sooner?" Luther questioned.

"He did." I mumbled. Luther turned towards me with furrowed eyebrows. "He told Klaus and I...but not this much."

"It wouldn't have mattered." Five replied. "No matter how much information I give you."

"Of course it would." Luther rebutted. "We could've banded together and helped you try and stop this thing."

"I told him that and he didn't listen." I crossed my arms.

"For the record, you already tried." Five frowned, glancing at his hands.

"What do you mean?"

"I found all of you." He looked up at us gravely. "Your bodies."

"We die?"  Luther blinked.

"That's what you meant...about us working together." I sulked, slumping in my chair. "We die."

"Horribly." Five swallowed. "You were together, trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world."

"Wait, how do you know that?" Luther inquired. Five dug into his pocket and pulled out a bundled cloth.

"This was clutched in your dead hand when I found you." Five held up the prosthetic eye.

"That's why you wanted to know the owner." I took a deep breath in. Five pressed his lips together and gave me a curt nod.

"Must've ripped it out of their head right before you went down." He tossed the eye to Luther.

"Who's head?" Luther examined the eye.

"Like I said, I don't know." Five sighed.

"Well, there's a serial number on the back." Lither noted. "Think maybe you could try-"

"We already tried that." I shook my head.

"It's a dead end." Five added. He let out a dry chuckle. "It's just another hunk of glass."

Luther frowned and gave the prosthetic eye back to Five. The door slammed opened when Five took the eye. I looked over my shoulder to see a pissed off Diego entering the room.

"Piece of shit." Diego muttered angrily.

"Hey, everything okay?" I stood up from my chair. I looked behind him noting that he didn't bring our brother. "Where's Klaus?"