The Unexpected Announcement

Ben and I had been safely blinked away from the Kugel wave thanks to Five

Ben and I had been safely blinked away from the Kugel wave thanks to Five. We all met up at Hotel Obsidian. Sloane and Ben had some time with each other in private as they grieved their siblings. They were the only two left.

We finally all gathered for a family meeting. Most of us sat on the chairs circled around a coffee table. Lila on one hand was sitting upside. Five was looking over the loft, thinking quietly to himself. Ben and I sat next to each other.

"So, how is it that we're still here," Allison stated as she leaned against a pillar, "but the whole of the universe is going down the cosmic shitter?"

"I had thought that maybe it was because we were from a different timeline, but Ben and Sloane are still here with us." I glanced at Ben, taking his hand.

"Thank God." Luther gave a small smile to Sloane.

Allison rolled her eyes.

"Maybe we're the last to get flushed." Viktor suggested.

"Wasn't talking to either of you." Alison pointed to us.

"Hey," Luther quickly switched subjects, "has anyone seen Klaus?"

I opened my mouth only to close it. Where is Klaus? Diego furrowed his brows as he pondered it as well. Lila rotated her body to sit on her seat.

"Or Dad?" Sloane looked up at Luther from their shared seat.

"They'll be here." Diego reassured.

"Really? Did they...hit traffic?" Ben stood up. I gave him a warning glance to behave. "Look, people, we're alive because we're special, right?"

"At bringing the end of the world apparently." I grumbled, slouching in my seat.

"We're the only ones who can save the universe." Ben turned to me.

"Uh, question." Allison held up a finger.

"Yes." Ben pointed to her with a smile.

"Didn't we just try that and fail miserably?" Allison noted.

"Yeah, it's because his plan was stupid." Diego motioned to Ben. Allison gave him a nod and a hum. "I gotta better one."

"This should be good." I mumbled under my breath.

"'Course you do." Ben looked away from Diego in annoyance.

"We go with the large hard-on particle accelerator. You guys do some science, and..." Diego clicked his tongue. He swung his arms as if he had swung an baseball bat and hit the baseball. "We launch the Kugelblitz into outer space. Didn't think I knew that, did ya? It's in Switzerland."

"It's "hadron", not "hard-on", ya moron!" Ben placed his fingers and thumb held together and moved it.

"Oi! At least he's trying you shitty little squid." Lila got after him. "What have you contributed?"