Not So Ordinary

The car pulled into the dirt road of the Jenkins' cabin with an abrupt stop

The car pulled into the dirt road of the Jenkins' cabin with an abrupt stop. Allison quickly parked the car and turned off the ignition. The both of us got of the car.  As I closed the door behind me, the wind blew my hair against my face.

"What's up with the weather?" I grabbed the hair tie on my wrist. Pulling my hair into a high pony tail, I scanned around me. The tree branches were swaying and the wind chimes were blowing softly in the wind. However, the wind chimes weren't playing the music. "Is that violin music?"

"I think Vanya's playing." Allison blinked in confusion. "Come on."

We walked up the porch steps of the cabin. As we walked to the front door, the creaking and groaning of the light fixtures made me glance at Allison. This isn't normal. The music was growing louder.

"Vanya? Is that you?" Allison called out. She pushed up the door. Vanya turned around and stopped playing her music. "Vanya, there you are. What is going on?"

"What are you doing here?" Vanya lowered her violin and her bow. The wind calmed down outside.

"You weren't picking up your calls and we got worried." I told her.

"Are you okay?" Allison asked.

"Yeah." Vanya blinked. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, here gaze going between Allison and I.

"There's something...weird going on. What's causing it?" Allison questioned.

"Me." Vanya said.

"What? You?" I tilted my head.

"What you you mean 'me'?" Allison took a step towards our sister.

"I mean...I made those things happen." Vanya stated. Allison looked at me in shock. "With my powers."

"Powers?" I gaped. "You have powers?"

"Turns out I've had them all this time." Vanya said. "It's weird, huh?"

"It's-it's incredible." Allison gasped out with a small smile.

"Very weird...how could you have powers and us not know about it?" I chuckled in disbelief. "This is...wow."

"But?" Vanya shook her head.

"Ca-can we do this in the car?" Allison asked.

"Why?"

"You're not gonna want to hear it." Allison licked her lips.

"Well," Vanya shrugged, "that's never stopped you before."