A Spider In A Glass

Tap, tap, tap. The spider tapped against the inside of the glass. Miss Quatre brought her face down to look at is as she slid a postcard under the cup. "Excuse me, Monsieur spider; I mean you no harm, I just do not want you in my house."

Humming 'incy wincy spider' as she walked across the flat, she opened the door to the small balcony and released the spider outside. Closing the door behind her, she hit the play button on stereo as she passed and the tape inside whirred to life.

She swept into the kitchen; she was wearing over the top of a camisole and sweatpants a long, gauzy housecoat, midnight blue and embroidered with stars that fluttered prettily around her as she crouched down in front of the fridge and pulled out an entire chocolate cake.

As she rummaged in the drawer for a fork, she could hear her roommate in the shower. "Julia?"

"Bonnie, is that you?"

"Yeah." Bonnie Quatre replied, drifting over to the side table to riffle through the post. "Did my realtor get in contact?"

"Yeah. He says he has a few other options for you. Hang on, I'll be out in a minute."

"Other options?" Bonnie muttered. "There's only one I want." From under the pile of letters, she pulled a clipping of old newspaper showing the Creel house.

Wandering into the living room area, she turned on the TV as she passed before dropping down into the chair, pulling her feet up onto the seat in a crouch and sticking her fork into the cake.

The news came on. A reporter was on-screen, speaking of another murder.

Fred Benson was dead.

Starting in alarm, Bonnie pulled the fork from her mouth as she leapt up from the chair. Well, damn.

A/N: So she has a first name at last! XD

And yes, just in case you were wondering, Julia is also an OC, but don't worry, she'll only be appearing like twice at most (and mostly as a punchline) I'm not going to pile this fic with OC's.

Anyway, like and comment!