Rage

- Bonnie sat upright in bed.

Wait, what? Just a moment ago, she had been with him in that room- did he really reset the day again because of her drawing? Or worse- was she blacking out? Loosing time? Were things happening that she didn't remember?

Hurling herself from the bed, Bonnie threw on her clothes- a white, silken top and trousers so wide-legged they could practically be a skirt- and charged down the stairs.

She stormed into the dining room, slamming doors in her path, to find... no one. Henry wasn't there. The table was still set, the china laid out for breakfast. There was a note resting against the teapot. Bonnie picked it up.

Darling,

Unfortunately I won't be able join you for breakfast this morning, I've had to go out for a while. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Yours,
Henry.

...Had to go out?

"You told me there was no out!" With a loud crash, Bonnie sent the china flying. Balling up the note and tossing it to the side, Bonnie shouted to the room. "Coward! Coward! Come face me!"

Fuming, Bonnie stomped from the room; an idea taking hold of her, she she flew up the stairs. Racing to the art room, she went to the easel. Just as she expected- the drawing was gone.

She hated this house. It was a nightmare. No matter how big it was, no matter how many rooms, it always felt so small, so constrictive. She hated walls- she hated these walls. They were so white it was driving her mad.

Striding over to her easel, Bonnie seized a pot full of green paint and threw it against the wall. Taking the red and a brush, Bonnie painted great sweeps- a rose, like the one on the door. She headed out into the hall, painting streaks of it there too, of each and every colour she could lay hands on. She scribbled with charcoal, dipped her fingers in inks, took her pencils and drew tiny details- leaves and vines, and strange shapes. She made handprints, and drew zealous strokes onto the wall, crushed pastels onto it and splattered colour with her brush. She was like a woman possessed- no great plan in mind, but she acted with such purpose, such intent all the same.

She just wanted to do anything to mess it up; to break it, to make it less perfect, to make it seem more real.

When Henry returned, that was how he found her- sitting amongst the mess. She was covered in it, head to toe; hair and face coated, colour staining her clothes. He sat down beside her, crossing his legs like she had, and took it all in. Vines painted the walls; great, crawling tendrils amidst a sea of chaos and colour. Sinister black shapes tangled amidst the spillings-over of a tumultuous mind.

Bonnie gave an exhausted sigh, and rested her head on his shoulder. Softly, he petted her hair, and pressed a gentle kiss to her temple. His voice was soft in her ear. "I adore you."

Bonnie let out a strangled sound. "I can't live without the colour."

A/N: Not Henry continuously addressing her as Darling because he's not sure which of her names she prefers XD

Music and image should be up top.

Please leave a like and a comment!

So, we know Bonnie has met the S4 Hawkins gang, but if you could choose for her to meet any other character from the series, who would it be, and why?