A Lady Knows How To Make An Entrance

Bonnie ascended the stairs to the attic in a deathly silence, the shadows wrapping lovingly around her like angel's wings. There he was— Henry, in his true form now, suspended in the centre of a web of vines; the same hideous beast from her drawing and that she had seen in Nancy's head. The air crackled with energy, electrified. Here he was in all his power, glorious, monstrous... and vulnerable.

"I've had enough of this." Striding purposefully towards him, eyes stinging, welling red as she gathered all her power, Bonnie reached out her hand— and pushed herself forward, into his mind.

***

"Stay back." Eleven warned Max as Vecna pulled himself up from the group, striding towards them down the hall. Eleven stepped forward to meet him; the two of them circling each other like predators weighing up their next strike. "If you touch her again, I will kill you again."

"Is that what you did?" Vecna's voice was deep and harsh, chilling to the bone. "Hmm? Did you kill me? I am so glad you are here, Eleven. This... Is going to be beautiful."

Max's face was full of fright.

Vecna raised his arms wide, splintered wood lifting into the air behind him, aimed like a thousand spears at Eleven. "... So beautiful. And it's all thanks to you." He hurled his arms forward and the wood went with it, slicing sharp as blades through the air towards her. With a desperate cry, Eleven struck out with her arm, sending the projectiles fling to the side, each one burying deep each one burying deep into the side of the bleachers. With one sweep of his hand, Eleven felt herself flying off her feet, landing hard on her back. And then she was pulled forward again, dragged up off the floor and thrown harshly to the side. She hit a table, and then went the other way, crashing through one of the displays.

Vecna walked towards her in a slow, measured pace.

There was a yell as Max charged him, but was quickly tossed aside.

Raising his hand again, Vecna dragged Eleven towards him slowly through the air. "Before I kill you... I want you to watch."

And then, the music started. The records— the players broken, collapsed on the ground— that had previously played Dream a Little Dream, began to spin backwards.

A new voice was coming through— the distinct tones of Bonnie Tyler.

"...Where have all the good men gone, and where are all the gods...?"

A look of confusion had come across Vecna's face; as all eyes stared, frozen, at the spinning records. 

And then, as the music picked up, a figure stepped out onto the stage.

Bonnie wore a gown of twisted vines; the long tendrils wrapped around her body, so seamless, it almost appeared as if there were part of it; twitching and moving, writhing over each other as they coiled tight around her. Bonnie's hair was a veil of midnight shadow, cheeks hollow, eyes dark as judgement; her lips so deathly pale, black veins could be seen creeping below her skin. Never had anyone looked at once so beautiful and so utterly terrifying.

 Never had anyone looked at once so beautiful and so utterly terrifying

"What are you doing?" Vecna growled.

"Chaperoning the dance." The train of her skirt hissed over the ground as she stepped off the stage towards him. "Which begs the question, Henry— what are you doing?"

A/N: Yes, Bonnie brought her own music to make an entrance. Yes, it's completely cheezy— I don't care, I thought it was cool at the time of planning. XD

Anyway, we're in the home run now! (Although at this point, I'm about 98% sure I'm doing a sequel when season 5 finally comes out— which was not the original plan, but you all inspired me and now it somehow might be the plan?! XD) If you enjoyed the chapter, as usual, please like and comment!