A Little Dream

Bonnie awoke in a double bed; mattress soft and plush, wrapped up in warm, white sheets. Slowly, she sat up against the crisp, white pillows and looked around the room. It was all wooden floor and slanted ceiling, pastel-patterned wallpaper and lacey curtains. The room creaked and groaned slightly, straining at the seams, like it was being battered by a wind outside. Peeling back the covers, Bonnie swung her legs over the side of the bed; she found herself to be wearing a silky white night slip.

Across from her was a wardrobe, a white dress hanging up in front. This one was also a tea dress, simpler than the last; again white satin, wrapped around the middle with a belt, this one was sleeveless, the fitted bodice pulled up high to the collarbone.

Bonnie snorted. Pretty as it was, she was not wearing that. Then she actually considered the idea of exploring the place in her nightie.

Taking it down, she carried the dress behind the folding panels of a painted dressing screen and put it on.

There was a dressing table on one side of the room, and Bonnie drifted over to it, running her fingers over a set of iridescent pearls, more beautiful than anything she had ever seen in real life. The frame of the mirror was silver roses, with a pattern of delicate metal spiderwebs woven between the blooms; when she looked inside the aged glass, she saw nothing but the ghost of herself.

As she stepped away from the table, she went towards the closed curtains as if to draw them open; but something in the back of her mind stopped her, and she turned away.

Walking towards the bedroom door, she pulled it open and stepped out onto the landing.

As she was descending the stairs, he appeared, emerging from the same door as last time, looking up at her through the bannister bars. "Good morning, sleepyhead."

"-No-no." Bonnie interrupted him. "We've done this."

Henry feigned bewilderment for a moment, before giving in; folding his hands in front of him, a bemused smile painting itself across his face. Alright, he was willing to play. "That we have."

Bonnie stood frozen on the stairs, a rabbit prepared to bolt at any second. "What's going on? Where are we? Where are the children?"

He raised one eyebrow. "We don't have any children."

Bonnie huffed in annoyance. "Now you're just playing stupid."

"Are you going to come down?"

Bonnie backed up a step. "No, I don't trust you. What is this place? What's all that out there?" She gestured vaguely at the walls, referring to the Upside-down. "What's with the dresses?"

He shrugged. "I thought you'd look lovely as a bride. And this place? Don't you like it? I thought you'd find it more appealing than what's otherwise there."

"And yourself?" Bonnie bit. "You looked different out there."

"This is the face you remember me with." He stepped closer to the stairs. "Won't you come down?

Bonnie didn't come down. Instead, she did go down two steps, so she could yell at him properly. "It's all you, isn't it? You're the one doing all... that! Why? To what purpose? Tell me! Tell me!"

In a last ditch effort, she tried to use her power on him, to force him to give up his secrets. He knew what she was capable of, but she was stronger now, so much more practiced, she was sure she could get inside his head. She dug down deep inside herself and found... nothing.

Aghast, Bonnie slid down the bannister bars until she was crouched miserably on the steps. No, her power had always just been there; and now it wasn't, she felt empty.

He stepped closer still, absorbing blue eyes looking up at her through the bannister poles. "Come on." His voice was low and soothing; he slipped his fingers through the bars, reaching for her hand. "Come on, Four, come down. ...Or do you prefer going by Bonnie now?"

Bonnie started in surprise, whipping away her hands. How did he know her alias?

Henry was smiling at her now, the smile of someone who thought they had the winning hand. He stepped away, back towards the door. "If you want to come talk to me, then come talk to me. Or, you can stay there, if you want." And with that, he left her alone.

Bonnie sat, arms crossed over her knees, mind racing to figure out what went wrong. This has never happened with her powers before. A thought raced through her mind: what was in that tea?

And with that, Bonnie realised she was on the bottom step.

A/N: So last chapter, I had said the dress picture and music were at the top of the page, only to find later that Wattpad had somehow deleted both between me putting them there and publishing. I'm so sorry about that!
Think it's something to do with me switching between writing on my phone and my tablet, they must get lost somewhere along the way. I've added them back now.

Anyway, there should be music and a photo at the top of this chapter- hopefully it stays put! XD
If you do ever see me say I've included something like that but nothing is attached, don't be afraid to let me know!

Hope you enjoy the chapter! Please like and comment! :D