Sugar and Spice

Bonnie opened her eyes bright and early the next morning, looked at her wardrobe and grinned.

It looked like she was back in the good books.

"—Good morning!" Henry was standing when Bonnie strode in, beaming wide; dressed in stark white trousers and a lace top, flicking up the fabric of a long, elegantly-tailored, white coat that trailed behind her as she walked.

"Good morning."

As she headed to her chair, he caught her around the waist as she passed— surprising, as usually he was quite reserved— holding her close as he looked at her for a moment. He pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead. "You look lovely."

Despite perhaps her better judgement, Bonnie blushed and went all giggly. He swayed them softly, hands on her waist, turning them slowly before spinning her under his arm. He twirled a lock of her hair around his finger, before trailing his fingers down her arm, tracing his thumb over the numbers on her wrist and down over her knuckles. Taking her hand in his , he raised it up to his face, circling her ring finger between his thumb and forefinger. "Let me put a ring on this." He spoke softly, just between them.

Pulling her hand from his, Bonnie stepped away, past him towards the table.

***

Cresting the top of the stairs, Bonnie stepped onto the landing. Eyes sweeping over her surroundings, they came to rest on the steps leading up to the attic. Dark shadows danced over them, daunting and enticing.

"You're not to go up there."

Bonnie gave a cursory glance around. Was anyone actually going to stop her? The forbidden-ness of the stairs grew more enticing by the moment, and Bonnie slowly crept towards them. One foot, then another. Looking around again. Then another and another, all the way until she was at the foot of the stairs.

Tipping her face up, Bonnie squinted, trying to see through the gloom. No good— she couldn't make out what was up there. Ever so carefully— one foot, then the next— Bonnie stood on the first step.

"Darling, what are you doing?"

Bonnie jumped back from the stairs with all the manner of a naughty child caught with their hand in the cookie jar, as Henry appeared beside her. "Nothing!" It was clearly a lie, there was no alternate explanation as to what she had been doing; she knew it was a lie, and by the knowing expression on his face, he knew it was a lie.

But still he cocked his head at her and tutted. "Nothing? Well, we can't have that." He held out his hand to her. "Let's find something for you to do."

Bonnie's eyes flicked from his hand to his perfectly steeled face. Uh oh, back in the bad books again.

A/N: Please like and comment! Your feedback is the lifeblood of my writing XD

So, question of the week: Remember Kali/008? How do you think it would go down if she and Bonnie/Four were to meet? (Do you think they'd get along? Dislike each other? Start off chilly but eventually warm up to each other? Your thoughts!)