Changing Colours

Bonnie woke up alone the next morning. She had no recollection of when she had fallen asleep, just that it was in the midst of a fairytale, with Henry's warm voice wrapping around her.

Stretching, she got up, and looked at her new dress. Bonnie's eyes went wide. The dress was so colourful— bright splashes and swirls in every shade covered the skirt and fitted bodice. It was her painting, Bonnie realised, as she looked it over. Her painting made into the fabric of the dress. Slipping it from the hanger, she went to put it on.

It was wonderful— she could not resist taking a few moments to admire herself in it, twirling round and round, bare feet dancing gleefully on the floor. As she admired herself in the mirror, it was so nice, that she could not resist playing around with some of the items on the dressing table. A spray of perfume that seemed to be no one particular scent, but kept changing to be equally lovely things; and the pearls, which she picked up and gazed at their iridescence, before putting the long string around her neck. They better not be his mum's, else they might be having to have some words.

Her artwork was still outside, pride of place in the hall. Bonnie was surprised, she thought it would be gone by now; wiped clean, absorbed into the barren whiteness of this place. Instead, it seemed almost more striking and beautiful, forcefully shattering the monotony of the place.

As she descended the stairs, the house itself seemed to be unfurling like a flower around her; light colours breaking through the white on the walls, filling out as she went— pinks and blues, gentle creams and warmer, earthen tones. They softened the place, whilst making it seem all the more realised; the house shifting and reshaping itself away from its former harshness on accordance with her whim.

Bonnie stopped by the stained glass in the front door, still the richest colour in the place, and reached out to contemplatively touch the red of the petals. Then, she turned and headed towards the dining room.

"Feeling better?" Henry laughed when she burst in, hurrying up to him; Bonnie threw her arms around his shoulders and placed an excitable kiss on his cheek.

Flushing, she lowered her hands to his, intertwining their palms. She had the kind of smile that reached her eyes. "What do you want to do today?"

A/N: No picture this time, I couldn't find a fitting one, so figured you'd all have to just imagine it instead. Makes it more unique that way, anyway. XD

Happy Valentines Day!

Admittedly I'm not too sure about this chapter— thought I had it all planned out, then sat down to write and my mind blanked. XD I guess it's sweet though?

Also, Bonnie subtly throwing shade that she thinks Henry has mummy issues XD (like they both don't have an array of issues.) She always has to find a way to dig it in.

Please like and comment your thoughts! Luv ya all, you keep me going. :D