iii

Tamia tossed her hair behind her back as she brought the joint up to her lips, when she turned to her right a smile graced her lips seeing her best friend in the entire world Eddie Munson having trouble lighting his joint

Tamia tossed her hair behind her back as she brought the joint up to her lips, when she turned to her right a smile graced her lips seeing her best friend in the entire world Eddie Munson having trouble lighting his joint. "Here," Tamia says chuckling slightly, she carefully balances the joint between two fingers before she grabs her lighter from her pocket and hands it to Eddie who sends her a grateful smile. "Thanks, how's your girl doing?" Eddie asks giving the lighter back to Tamia.

"Good, just been stressed a lot lately." Tamia hasn't given Eddie specifics on who she's dating and thankfully Eddie hasn't pushed because she knows that if he did then Tamia would tell him immediately. "Send her my way and I can get her the good stuff." The comment made Tamia roll her eyes so hard that if her mother saw her do that then she would say that Tamia could see her brain. "She isn't like that Eds, she plays by the rules." Tamia lifts her leg and lets it rest on the seat of the picnic table they're sitting on.

"It's a wonder you two are together, you're opposites." Tamia smirks and nods in agreement with what Eddie said. "That's why we work, you can't say shit though. You're friends with a bunch of 14-year-olds so I don't think you can say shit." Tamia teases talking about the hellfire club that Eddie made. "Okay listen, they're good players alright, and no one else wanted to join my club, not for the lack of me trying." Eddie defends himself with the raise of his hands while keeping the joint he was smoking sandwiched in between his fingers. "Still can't believe you tried to get me to be a part of it, you know I don't like games." Tamia turns her body so she's sitting fully on the table of the picnic table with her legs crossed under her. "I had to try man."

Tamia rolls her eyes and the two of them go silent, Tamia looks down at her watch and lets out a quiet curse. The action makes Eddie look up from the ground and over to Tamia. "What?" Eddie asks in concern. "I gotta go, Mrs. Berkley wants me to make sure I have all the pictures from the game out so Nancy can put it on the newspaper tomorrow." Tamai rolls her eyes as she takes one last hit of her joint before passing it off to Eddie so she can get down from the table. "Boo, do you want to go to Dororthy's Diner tomorrow?" Eddie asks as he follows Tamia's lead and hops down from the table.

"Sure, it'll be fun to see Gabrielle." Tamia slips the backpack onto her back, she staggers under the weight before she straightens the straps. "Perfect, see you then." Eddie blows a kiss to Tamia who chuckles but grabs the kiss and pushes it into her heart. She rolls her eyes at her best friend as she's walking away and makes her way back onto the school grounds. It was after school so it was empty except for a couple of people who Tamia knew would stay for after-school activities.

She walks towards the school door and pulls it open with a huff, stupid heavy school doors Tamia thinks as she walks towards the classroom that was dedicated to the Weekly Streak Newspaper. She pulled the door open and walked down the stairs, it wasn't empty. The nerdy boy named Fred Benson but he wasn't paying attention so Tamia walks straight toward the dark room to look at the pictures she developed the other day.

Tamia pushed her backpack off her back before she walks over to the clothesline that was strung in the middle of the room and starts to unclip them from the line. Once she has all the photos that she took during the game she walks back out of the darkroom, she notices that Fred has left so Tamia has the whole classroom to herself which was perfect considering she didn't like people. She takes the film strips towards the scanner and scans them so she can begin printing them, once they're all scanned Tamia walks towards the dark room and grabs the binder titled 1986, and begins to carefully slip the photos inside. Tamia remembers to grab her backpack on the way out of the darkroom and close the door behind her, she takes a seat by the computer and begins to look at the scanned photos, she was halfway finished when she froze. It was a photo of Chrissy in the background but the camera accidentally focused on Chrissy instead of the basketball players and she looked amazing.

Tamia smiled as she clicked print and walked towards the printer to grab the photo once it comes out, once she has the photo along with all the ones she printed out before she places the photo of Chrissy beside the computer she was working at and the rest of the photos on the light desk for Nancy or Fred to look at in the morning. She tilts her head to look at the photos she has printed off, she could print more but she thinks that she has enough so she slides the photo of Chrissy into the front pocket of her backpack and slings it onto her back.

As she's walking out of the room she clicks the light off and opens the door. Her doc martens squeak under the flooring but she ignores it as she walks quickly towards the front school door so she wouldn't be late for her actual job at Hawk the theater in downtown Hawkins. She places her backpack into her bike basket and gets on before she starts to peddle quickly so she wouldn't miss it. It wouldn't be the first time she was late but Mr. Reid, the grouchy old man was just looking for a reason to fire her and if she was late one more time then that was it.