xv

They had found out from the Weekly Watcher newspaper that Victor Creel claimed a demon killed his family instead of him

They had found out from the Weekly Watcher newspaper that Victor Creel claimed a demon killed his family instead of him. He believed that it spared him as a punishment but they had no proof that it was the same demon, but before they could do anything more about it they had to go to the school where the rest of the crew was. Robin had called over the walkie-talkie to tell them how Nancy looks like she was right when he told them to come over.

Tamia let out a huff before she grabbed the flashlight and opened the door of Nancy's car, she walked quickly following Robin and Nancy as the two of them ran into the building. They quickly found Dustin and Steve but Max wasn't with them. "Where is Max?" Tamia asks as she could feel her heart beating. "We're looking for her right now, she went off by herself when we weren't looking," Steve said as runs after Dustin who was looking around the school, Tamia sighs as she has to pick up her pace to keep up with him.

Once they had more people looking it didn't take them long to find her staring at a wall. "It was here," Max says once everyone is crowding behind her. "What was?" Tamai asks softly as she walks up so she's standing next to Max. "A grandfather clock." Max gulped as she shined the flashlight against the wall. "It was so real, and then when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up." Tamia closes her eyes harshly before she lifts her hand and rubs her head in frustration. "That's what Eddie said happened to Chrissy." Tamia felt her stomach twinge when she said her name, suddenly she could feel bile rising in her throat.

The flashlight she was holding clattered to the floor as she turned around quickly and ran towards the trashcan that was sandwiched in between the end of some lockers. She flinched when she could feel a hand on her back rubbing it, once she was done she was wordlessly handed some paper towels. She nodded at Robin gratefully who was the one who was rubbing her back while Steve grabbed the paper towel. "Here, sit." Robin gently helped Tamia sit on the floor, she let her head rest against the school walls. "Keep talking, tell us what you saw," Tamia told Max who was staring at her worried but she didn't move from her spot, Max hesitated before she spoke. "That's not even the bad part." Max looked straight at Tamia who let out a sigh, it was almost like she knew but Max couldn't have known because no one besides Robin and Eddie did.

Tamia exhaled before she slowly stood up, she brushed off Robin when she tried to help her because this wasn't above her they had to pay attention to Max, she was the one that was hurting because Tamia didn't want what happened to Chrissy to also happen to Max, she didn't protect Chrissy but she sure can try to protect Max. Tamia slowly followed Max as she led them back into the guidance counselor's office, she stood behind the desk so Robin and Tamia each pulled out the chair in front of the desk and took a seat.

She could already see that Max had placed some papers on the desk and she wasted no time before getting down to business. "Fred and Chrissy both came to Miss Kelley for help, they were both having headaches, bad ones that wouldn't go away. Then they had nightmares, and trouble sleeping. They would wake up in a cold sweat." Tamia gulps as she listens to Max explaining, she remembers all of this, of course, she does. Chrissy would never go too in-depth into it so Tamia just guessed that it had to do with her parents but Tamia would always do her best to comfort her, she would hold Chrissy as she cried because of the pain in her head, she would hold her whenever Chrissy would fall asleep at Tamia's house and wake up with a scream stuck in her throat but Tamia couldn't imagine that this is what the kind of pain Chrissy went through.

"They would see things, from their past. These visions, they just, they kept on getting worse and worse until eventually, everything ended." Max explained, Tamia could see a tear fall slowly. "Vecna's curse." Robin looked at Max. Tamia grabbed Chrissy's paper that was placed on the desk. "Chrissy's headache started a week ago." Tamia pressed her lips together to prevent herself from crying, she felt tired. Max looked at Tamia surprised slightly but she nodded at looked at Fred's paper. "Fred's started six days ago and mine, I've been having them for five days. I don't know how long I have, all I know is that for Fred and Chrissy they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision." Max sniffed harshly before she continued. "And I just saw that goddamn clock, so... looks like I'm gonna die tomorrow," Max said voice shaking from emotion before anyone could say anything they heard a clang in the school a sound that made them all jump.

Steve looks at the group before nodding at Tamia who had turned around to look at him. "Stay here." Tamia sighed watching as he slowly walked towards the door but once he was in the door he thought for a second before grabbing a lamp that was on the table by the door. Tamia started to stand up once Steve was out of view, she turned around at looked at the group. "Are you coming?" Tamia looks at them with a raise of her brow, their eyes widen before they nod and follow her out into the hallway with their flashlights raised.

They could hear the clattering as they were walking towards where the noise was coming from, as the noise was getting closer Tamia watched as Steve raised the lamp before letting out a scream whenever the other person did. "It's me!" The person yelled as he stepped back, Tamia dropped the flashlight and put her hand over her heart as she took a few calming breaths. "Lucas?" Tamia heard Max from her spot beside her.

"Jesus, what's wrong with you?" Steve screamed out brandishing the lamp. "I'm sorry." The Lucas kid said hassling. "I could've taken you out with this lamp!" Steve screamed out as he shook the lamp. "Sorry, sorry guys. I was biking for eight miles. Give me a second, shit." Lucas panted out.

"We've got a code red." Tamia's eyebrows rose when she heard this. "What?" Tamia looked around her to see if anyone knew what that meant. Instead of someone answering her Lucas walks toward Dustin. "Dustin, I've been with Jason, Patrick, and Andy and they've gone totally off the rails. They're trying to capture Eddie, and they think you know where he is. You're in terrible danger."

"Eddie," Tamia whispered to herself, she couldn't let anything happen to him because he was the only thing she had left.