viii

Tamia was on autopilot as she drove to the Lipton house, Tamia knew that it was an excellent place to hide since it was near lovers lane so she told Eddie to meet her there and then they could figure out what to do next

Tamia was on autopilot as she drove to the Lipton house, Tamia knew that it was an excellent place to hide since it was near lovers lane so she told Eddie to meet her there and then they could figure out what to do next. One thing that never crossed her mind was that Eddie killed her, Tamia knew that Eddie wouldn't do anything to hurt Chrissy but Tamia was going to find out what happened to her girlfriend, one way or another.

Tamia closed her eyes tightly when she noticed her hand was shaking when she reached to unbuckle her seatbelt once she arrived at the house, it was late at least after midnight but Tamia told herself that she would call her parents later once it was light and made sure to tell them she was alright. Tamia stepped away from her car after she got out and double-checked that it was hidden behind the house before she went around and rang the doorbell. "Eddie, it's Tamia." Her voice crackled as she knocked on the door with her knuckles.

She rolled her eyes when she didn't get a response, she bent down and started to inspect the lock when the door suddenly opened. "Tamia." Eddie looked like a wreck, his eyes were rimmed red like he's been crying and his hair was sticking up in all different places. "Hi." Tamia sighed in relief before jumping on Eddie almost hugging him tightly, she expected Eddie to be hurt as well so she was relieved that he wasn't. "Come in." Eddie scrubbed a hand over his face as he stepped aside to let Tamia, it looked like it's been abandoned for a little bit. "Reefer Rick is in jail so when you suggested this place I agreed knowing that it was abandoned," Eddie explained when Tamia looked around in confusion.

She didn't know that Rick was in jail but she knew that even if he wasn't and it wasn't abandoned they could still hide out here because Rick would be too stoned to notice anything was different. "Can you tell me what happened?" Tamia asked gently as she leaned on the top of the kitchen counter clasping her hands together. "It was so crazy, I- we met in the woods and she was acting weird. She was spooked when I met her but then when I asked if she wanted to back out she said no she still wanted to do but when I gave her the options that I had she asked me if I had anything stronger." Eddie put his hands over his face and rubbed them quickly.

"Keep going," Tamia instructed pressing her lips together. "It's all my fault, I should've never left her," Eddie muttered before stepping away and he starts to pace back and forth in the middle of the room, Tamia felt this bubbling rage blow in her stomach before she stop herself she slammed her hand on the counter and yelled at Eddie, something she doesn't do often. "Damn it, Eddie! Tell me how my girlfriend died!" Eddie flinched at the volume of Tamia's voice, she scrubbed her hand across her face and looked at Eddie ashamed. "I'm sorry for yelling at you, I shouldn't have but I need to know. I deserve to know Eddie." Tamia licked her lips as she watched Eddie nod and walk back towards the kitchen island and pulls a chair out before taking a seat on it. "I told her that I had something stronger back at my place so we piled into the van and I drove her back to the trailer, Wayne is working at the plant so he wasn't there. I had her wait in the living room while I got the stuff from my room." Eddie chuckled humorlessly as he ran a hand through his hair.

"What I found was odd was that she kept asking me if I had the stuff, then when I got it I go back to the living room and her eyes were glazed and I kept shaking her but she wouldn't wake up. Tamia, she wouldn't wake up." Eddie didn't notice when a tear fell from his eyes but Tamia did, she gulped down her emotions and walked around the counter before sitting next to Eddie and putting her hand on top of his. "Then what happened?" Tamia asks in a small voice, she was starting to be afraid of what Eddie was going to tell her next because it already didn't sound good. "I tried everything I could think of, snapping my fingers in her face she wasn't responding than the lights flickered which it's a trailer, we don't have the best electricity but it's never done that before. I was starting to spook so I snapped my fingers and tried to shake awake but she wasn't doing anything and then all of sudden she started to float." Eddie looked down at his shaking hands and sighed.

"I jumped back scared, and I watched as she flew in the air and attached to the ceiling. Her arms and legs made this sickening cracking sound and her jaw popped out of place and then her eyes just exploded out of her face. It was like something out of the Alien. I know you probably think I'm making this up but I'm not Tamia. You have to know I would never hurt Chrissy, ever." Eddie looked at Tamia pleading, Tamia shook her head quickly. She didn't know what to make of the information that Eddie told her but she believes him, at least for the part about that he didn't kill her, maybe not so much about the rest. At least, she didn't believe that yet.

"I believe you, I know you would do nothing to hurt Chrissy. I have a plan, we camp out here, and then tomorrow I'll go to Melvald's and grab us some snacks. I'll need to call my parents then but once the heat dies down we can leave." Eddie opens his mouth to protest but Tamia stops him with the wave of her hand. "I know you didn't do this Eddie so I'm staying."