xxii

The adrenaline was keeping Tamia running, what she didn't realize was that due to how far she had to run her legs were screaming at her but all she could think about was Eddie

The adrenaline was keeping Tamia running, what she didn't realize was that due to how far she had to run her legs were screaming at her but all she could think about was Eddie. She took a huge deep breath when she saw the house in the distance, she slowed her pace slightly before stopping in the middle of the road and quickly ducking behind some nearby bushes. "Fuck, fuck, fucky fuck." Tamia whispered as she watched the basketball team get back into their car, her lip wobbled slightly as she watched Jason Carver toss a crowbar in the back seat. Tamia was too far away to see if it was covered in blood so she had a thousand thoughts going threw her instead she had to stay quiet and keep still as she waited for the car to get far enough away that they wouldn't see her in the rearview mirror.

Once she was sure the car had driven far enough Tamia hunched over and quickly ran towards the house opening the door carefully before stepping inside. She could feel that her legs were screaming in pain all because she took a break to hide but that didn't matter now. "Eddie!" Tamia yelled as she looked around at the wrecked house. It seemed that to try and find Eddie they decided that the place needed some redecorating because the furniture was all turned over, the pillows were messed up, and the food that Eddie had left to eat was deliberately destroyed. A pit entered Tamia's stomach when she didn't hear Eddie's voice called back, she could just imagine him lying in a pool of his blood. She was about to go into the back bedroom when she heard a car pull up, her brows rose as she ducked down and moved so she was facing the window. "I just don't know why you're making us come back again, maybe Lucas gave us bad info or something." One of the basketball players said to Jason who was empty-handed this time but a few of the others had baseball bats. "He wouldn't lie to us if he knows what's good for him."

Tamia didn't let herself hear the rest of the conversation instead she quickly turned around and went out the backdoor, she tried to find a place to hide when her eyes landed on the shed. She knew that Eddie was there once so what are the odds he was staying in there for protection? She didn't give herself much time to think, instead, she ran towards the shed door and opened it before running instead. "Jesus fuck!" Eddie screamed quietly as he raised an oar toward Tamia's stomach but stopped seconds before hitting her. "Eddie!" Tamia almost tackled Eddie with the force she took him down with from the hug she gave him.

"Thought I was dead huh? I ain't going down that easy." Eddie chuckled lightly as the two of them turned back towards the window and watched the basketball team ransack the house again. "Where is Steve? Wheeler?" Eddie questioned after a moment of silence. "It's just me." Tamia shrugged as she watched the sky start to get dark. "Okay, what's the plan then?" Tamia was quiet for a second before she responded. "I don't have one."

"How do you not have a plan? Did you hide the car far away or something?" Eddie questioned with an amused look, but he quickly dropped it when he saw that Tamia wasn't laughing. "You did bring a car right?" Tamia pressed her lips together before shaking her head. "I ran, listen! Everyone is busy investigating the Creel House and I heard you calling for help and I just had to do something. I was scared for you, I didn't want to lose something else that was important to me." Tamia spoke honestly, but before Eddie could respond, most likely with a self-deprecating comment the two of them watched as Jason looked their way from the upstairs window. "Time to go!" Eddie rushed out before he rushed towards the little boat that was tied in the middle of the room.

Tamia grabbed the oar that Eddie had used before to almost hit Tamia and got into the boat, she could see Eddie's questioning look but was glad that she didn't waste any time by saying anything. "We have to do it with the motor off, should I grab the other one?" Tamia asked as Eddie swung his leg over to get into the boat. "No, I'm gonna turn the motor on once we're far enough away." Tamia sighed but helped Eddie push the boat away from the boathouse dock.

Tamia watches as Eddie starts to row, Tamia is watching the bank nervously. "Fuck, Eddie," Tamia calls his name which makes him stop rowing and turn around to look at what Tamia was calling his attention for. "Hey, Freak! Where do you think you're going?" Jason yells as he gets to the edge of the water. "Shit," Eddie mutters as he starts to pull on the motor to try and get it to start but it just sputters out. "Eddie! They're getting the water." Tamia warned. "Goddamn, it!" Eddie screams before he abandons the motor and picks up the oar again so he can start paddling.

"Go, Eddie!" Tamia yells at Eddie as she watches the basketball players get closer, she tries to look for anything to defend the two of them but since she didn't grab the other oar they were defenseless until she remembered the knife. She chuckled quietly as she took her shoe off and pulled up a little bit of the sole to reveal a tiny knife. It wasn't much but it was something. "Stay back Jason!" Tamia yells brandishing her knife so he could see it. She could tell that Eddie was wavering with his rowing so she just hoped that he had enough stamina to get across.

But something catches her attention, the one she heard referred to as Patrick looked like he was spaced out like something grabbed his attention when all of sudden he was pulled underwater. "Holy fuck!" Tamia stood up quickly making the boat rock, she held the knife out in front of her and she could see that Eddie had the oar up, just in case. Then all of sudden Patrick rose out of the water and floated into the air, She fell slightly but she caught herself but she heard a splash and knew that Eddie wasn't so lucky. She dropped her knife and leaned over the edge of the boat trying to spot where Eddie was. "Eddie!" Tamia yelled as she dipped her hand into the water, she braced herself against the side of the boat when she felt something brush her fingers, then a hand gripped hers.

"Here." Tamia grasped her hand around the hand and pulled up, Eddie blew out a breath as he broke the surface, and with Tamia's help, he climbed over the edge of the boat. "We need to go, now." Tamia was surprised at how steady her voice was at what she just witnessed. "But where, the police are going to be crawling this place in a minute." Eddie shivered from the wetness and tried to wrap his arms around himself but it did nothing for the water that was seeped in his clothes. "We can go to my house, I have walkie-talkies at the house and the two of us get dry, new clothes. Just trust me." Tamia held her pinkie out for Eddie to take and he did without hesitation.

"I always do."