xii

Tamia was convinced by Eddie that she should go with Steve, Robin, Max, and Dustin to see what all the police cars driving by were all about

Tamia was convinced by Eddie that she should go with Steve, Robin, Max, and Dustin to see what all the police cars driving by were all about. They drove until they were stopped by police barricades, Tamia raises her eyebrow at Steve before she gets out and looks around. "We're close to the trailer park." Tamia presses her lips together as she tries to get a look at who died. "There's Nancy, I gotta go to her." Steve is about to walk toward the barricade when Tamia stops him with a hand on his arm. "She sees us, it's better to just wait until she's done." Tamia nods to where she's being questioned, beside her Steve sighs but drops his arm over the top of the car.

Tamia lets out a breath watching as Nancy waves goodbye and starts to walk toward them. "Are you alright?" Steve knocks his shoulder against Nancy's, Tamia watches as she nods and looks straight at Tamia. "It's Fred." Tamia closes her eyes and shakes her head. "Who's Fred?" Robin asks from where she's standing behind Tamia.

"We need to get the car and we'll tell you, do you need a ride?" Tamia says looking at Nancy who shakes her head and nods behind her to the other side of the road. "My car is over there so I'm gonna drive it back, can you meet at the trailer park?" Nancy asks crossing her arms, Steve starts to shake his head but Tamia nods. "I know a back way." Tamia raises her hands in a placating manner when Steve glares at her, he rolls his eyes. "Okay, are you gonna drive then?" Steve presses his lips together looking at Tamia who gets an excited look on her face before shoving Steve away so she can get in.

Tamia chuckles when she watches Steve roll his eyes and say his goodbyes to Nancy before he walks towards the backseat to sit next to the kids because Robin was occupying the front seat. "Hey, why is the owner of the car in the back seat?" Steve hums as he slams the door closed. "I can move-" Robin goes to unbuckle but Tamia is already pulling away and starts to turn around. "Because she's a better front seat rider than you." Tamia teased as she watches Steve's face in the review mirror.

"So are you going explain to us who Fred is and how you know him?" Steve asks leaning onto the console in the middle of the front seat. Tamia rolls her eyes as she pushes Steve's head back so he was properly in his seat again, Tamia watched as he pouted but didn't say anything. "Fred Benson was working with Nancy and I in The Weekly Streak, I'm not that close with either of them because I'm a photographer for the newspaper whereas they were journalists but I still knew them." Tamia clicks her tongue as she starts to get closer to the trailer park, a smile graces her face as she remembers when Eddie and Tamia would come out this way to have a secret spot to smoke.

"Why do think they both died? Did Chrissy know Fred?" Steve asks with a raised brow, Tamia sighs before she shakes her head. "Chrissy didn't know Fred." Her tone must've told them to stop talking about it because the rest of the short drive is silent. Tamia taps the steering wheel as she turns into the park and parks it, it was empty besides Nancy who was sitting under a pergola, Tamia chuckles as she gets out of the car, she can remember when she had her first beer given to her by Wayne sitting in that same spot.

"Here." Tamia hands Steve the keys who grumbles back takes them and sticks them into his pocket before she starts to walk toward Nancy. "I assume since you guys are here that it's something supernatural?" Nancy asks as soon as they come into earshot. "We think it's something called Vecna," Dustin answers as he sits down. "Yea and they think it killed Chrissy too." Tamia pushes her hands under her legs and tightens her hand as Nancy gives her a sad look before looking at Dustin. "You're saying that this that killed Fred and Chrissy, is from the Upside Down?" Nancy looks at the group with a raised eyebrow.

"If the shoe fits," Steve says from beside Tamia. "Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse. Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know." Tamia sighs at Dustin's explanation, despite the group explaining everything this morning to both her and Eddie everything sounded so confusing to her.

"All we know is that this is something different, something new," Max replies from her spot next to Nancy. "It doesn't make sense." Nancy shakes her head looking down at her lap. "It's only a theory." Dustin shrugs. "No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?" Tamia has to admit that Nancy is on to something, Tamia doesn't know why this Vecna thing would pick the two of them to go first. "Maybe they were just in the wrong place, they were both at the game."

"And near the trailer park." Max helpfully adds, it makes Tamia wince and look around obviously. "We're at the trailer park." Tamia shuffles in her seat. "Should we maybe not be here?" Steve looks at Tamia worried before he starts to look around suspiciously. "There is something about this place, Fred started acting weird the second we got here."

Robin sat up a little straighter and looked at Nancy before speaking. "Acting weird how?" Tamia watches as Nancy gulps. "Scared, on edge, upset." That made Tamia's brows raise slightly. "Max said Chrissy was upset too." Dustin looks at Max who nods slightly. "Yeah, but not here. She was crying in the bathroom at school." Tamia lets out a shuddering breath before she looks down, she hopes that no one can see the tears building as she quickly tries to blink them away.

"Serial killers stalk their pretty before they strike, right? So, maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecna." Beside her, Steve reaches up and rubs his face. "I don't know about you guys but if I saw some freaky wizard monster, I would mention it to someone." Steve shrugs, and Robin looks at Tamia with a raised eyebrow. "Oh my god, maybe they did. Chrissy goes to Ms. Kelley, do we know if Fred goes too?" Max's nod backs Tamia up. "I don't know but we need to find out," Steve says as he stands up from the bench, Tamia does too as she straightens her hands out from sitting on them for the whole time.

They all start to walk toward Steve's car but Nancy, who is walking toward her car. "Nance! Where are you going?" Steve asks once she stops to listen to him. "Oh, there's just something I wanna check on first," Nancy says as she places her hands in her jacket pockets. "Something you maybe wanna share with the rest of us?" Dustin adds from behind Tamia. "I don't wanna waste your time, it's a real shot in the dark." Nancy starts to walk backward.

"Are you out of your mind? Flying solo with Vecna on the loose? No, it's too dangerous. You someone to- here, I'll stick with Nance." Steve tosses the keys to Tamia who screws up her face and shakes her head. "No, you stay with the kids and check out Ms. Kelly. I'll stay with Nancy, us ladies will stick together. Unless you think we need you to protect us?" Tamia smirks at Steve as she tosses the keys back to him who fumbles and drops them before he picks them up from the ground.

"Well, if you're going I wanna go," Robin says smirking as she grabs the other walkie-talkie that was on Dustin's backpack. Tamia chuckles as she starts to walk with Nancy and Robin towards Nancy's car. "So, where are we going?" Robin asks looking at Nancy. "The library."

Tamia groans as she rolls her eyes. "Perfect."

"