xxiv

Tamia jolted awake, she looked around confused seeing her room but then it dawned on her where she was and what happened last night

Tamia jolted awake, she looked around confused seeing her room but then it dawned on her where she was and what happened last night. "Shit!" Tamia yelled quietly when she realized she needed to leave before her parents found her here. "Wake up!" Tamia hit Eddie on the arm harshly before jumping out of bed and grabbing her clothes. "What- what's going on?" Eddie muttered sleepily as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes but he sat up and looked at Tamia confused as she was getting dressed.

"We have to go before my parents wake up, they get up in 30 minutes so we have to go to Skull rock quickly." She saw the recognition go across Eddie's face, and within seconds he was out of bed and starting to get dressed. Tamia ran a hand through her hair before throwing on a jean jacket, she looked around quickly before grabbing her backpack and dumping the contents onto her bed, she stuffs the walkie-talkie along with a blanket and some snacks she had stashed in her room. She slips it over her shoulders and faces Eddie who had gotten dressed in the time Tamia was filling her backpack. "We're going out the front this time, you go out the door while I grab some water okay?" Tamia waits for Eddie to nod before taking a deep breath and opens her door.

She slowly widens the door and slips out the doorway making a motion for Eddie to get moving, she clicks the light off before she gently closes the door wincing when it makes a creaking noise. Tamia slowly walks down the stairs Eddie following behind her, once they reach the main floor they separate, Tamia quickly reaches the kitchen and carefully opens the door. She grabs four waters before slipping her backpack off and stuffs them in her backpack. "Why do you need so much water?" Deakin's voice surprised Tamia she jumped before she grabbed the straps and placed her backpack on her back. "I'm going for a ride." Tamia was surprised at how calm her voice sounded.

"Well, be careful and remember what I said, It would be best for everyone if he turned himself in." Tamia rolled her eyes before pushing past her Dad. "He didn't do it and I'll prove it." Tamia reached the door, her hand reached the knob. She thought about waiting to see what he'll say but she shook her head and turned the knob and opened the door, she was glad to see that Eddie had hidden away so he couldn't be seen.

Tamia closed the door behind her and started to make her way towards her bike, it wasn't something she rode a lot but she loved it. "Put your hair in this." Tamia held the second helmet out for Eddie to take as he carefully walked out of the bushes, he did as he was told quickly soon you couldn't tell who it was under the helmet. 

He wrapped his arms around her waist and she put the motorcycle in gear, she was tempted to look up at the door to where her parents would definitely be watching them but she didn't want to see their disappointed faces, it would crush her.

Tamia pulled out of the driveway and kicked up the gear once she got on the street, she forgot how free she felt when she was on her bike, it was like nothing else existed. She could feel the wind in her hair and hoped it wasn't doing the same to Eddie's hair or they would be in trouble.

She lost track of time and if it wasn't for Eddie tapping her arm she would've missed the turn for Skull Rock. "Crap" She muttered before turning onto the bumpy road. They had to dodge trees and branches but they made it, she stopped her bike and held it as Eddie got off. She leaned her bike against the rock and ccovered it with branches to make sure it wasn't as visable, she grabbed her backpack that was strapped to the back of her bike. "You wanna call the crew?" Tamia asks Eddie who nods, she turns around and he feels around in the backpack before grabbing the walkie-talkie.

"Dustin, can you hear me? Wheeler?" Eddie spoke into the walkie talkie, Tamia and Eddie looked at each other with baited breathes as they waited for a response. "Eddie. Holy shit. Are you okay?" Eddie looks at Tamia at Dustin's repsone and lets out a breathey laugh. "Nah man. Pretty godamn far from okay." They hear chatter on the otherside before Dustin voice drifts through. "Where are you?" Eddie licks his lips and kicks some leaves before he crouches under the rock, Tamia sits next to him slipping off her backpack and placing it on the ground next to her. "Skull Rock, do you know it?" Tamia closes her eyes hoping that a 14-year-old knows where the popular high school makeout spot is. "Yeah, we know it. Hold tight, we're coming."

They were saved, and soon this hell would be over with.