xviii

She didn't know how long they'd been sitting in the car when Steve started to get out of the car making Tamia huff, she already had to deal with Dustin propped up against her open door and Lucas who was sitting on the front hood, she didn't need t...

She didn't know how long they'd been sitting in the car when Steve started to get out of the car making Tamia huff, she already had to deal with Dustin propped up against her open door and Lucas who was sitting on the front hood, she didn't need to deal with Steve who was trying to rush Max. "Steve, just give her some time." Tamia adjusts her legs so they weren't in the seat with her anymore, instead, they were on the floorboard. "I have, all right? I'm calling it, if she wants to get a lawyer, she can." Tamia shakes her head at Steve as he turns around and starts to walk up the hill toward where Max is sitting.

Tamia sighs and heaves herself out of the car, she pats Dustin on the shoulder as she walks around him and goes to stand in front of Steve's door with her arms crossed. The three of them watched as Steve ran towards Max and started to squat down next to her which made Tamia furrow her brows in concern. Her concern grew when he started to call her name repeatedly. "Something's wrong," Lucas commented as he moved off of the car quickly. "Guys!" Steve yelled at the three of them, Tamia's eyes went wide as she ran up the hill and towards where Max and Steve were with Lucas and Dustin not far behind her.

"Max! Come on wake up!" Tamia yelled, she felt useless. She didn't know what to do, but she had to do what she could. "You gotta get outta there!" Next to her Lucas yelled putting his hand on her shoulder trying to coax her out, Steve looked at Dustin and grabbed him by the jacket roughly. "Call Nancy and Robin! Go get'em! Call Nancy and Robin! Go!" Steve yelled at Dustin who nodded quickly before he scrambled to get up and run back towards the car.

"Please, Max!" Lucas pleaded next to Tamia, she didn't know what to do, she didn't know how to help Max out of this, she let out a shaky breath. "Come on Max!" Tamia pleaded. Tamia jumped back when Dustin ran over to them and dropped Max's cassette player in front of Max before looking at Lucas. "What's her favorite song?" Dustin asked Lucas quickly who raised a brow at him. "Why?" Lucas yelled.

"Robin said if she listens- It's too much to explain now. What's her favorite song?" Dustin asks Lucas again, Tamia watched as Max twitched which made her nervous as watched the three of them look through the tapes. "Lucas! Which one is it?" Steve yells. "What's her favorite song?" Dustin says at the same trying handing the tapes to Lucas.

"It's right here! Got it!" Lucas grabs the Kate Bush tape and places it in the cassette player and watches as Dustin places the flimsy headphones over Max's ears. "Now!" Dustin yells at Lucas who presses play on the cassette player. "Max, wake up!" The three of them yelled while Tamia sat frozen, she didn't know if it was her place considering she didn't know Max all the well, but that made her sick to her stomach, she needed to help Max but she didn't know what to do.

Tamia screamed and quickly scooted back when Max started to float in the air, she could feel her heart pounding so quickly that she felt like it could jump out of her chest. She jumped up and looked at Max nervously, she clasped her hands behind her head as she watched Max's head go back so far that Tamia thought it would snap.

She couldn't help but think this is what Eddie felt like as he watched Chrissy die, helpless. Not being able to do anything as he watched Chrissy float into the air not knowing how or why it was happening. The thought made tears spring to Tamia's eyes but she didn't bother wiping them away as she watched like a rubber band Max come back to herself and drop to the grass quickly.

Tamia let out a gasp as she closed her eyes quickly, she placed her hands on her knees and she looked away while Lucas held Max protectively, Tamia could hear Max shouting in fear before realizing where she was but Tamia couldn't bare to look knowing that she couldn't be there for Chrissy's last moments like Lucas was.

Her lip started to tremble as she heard Max repeating that she was still there, she scrubbed her hands over her face trying to stop the tears but it didn't do anything. She could still feel tears clouding her vision, she coughed as she could feel the bile rise up her throat. "Hey, Tamia! Are you alright?" Tamia could feel Steve's hand on her back, she tried to brush it off but he kept his hand still. "Max" Tamia mumbled as she started to kneel over. "Lucas and Dustin have her, she's alive. Are you alright? Talk to me." Steve says gently as he gripped her shoulder softly.

She didn't respond before she gagged and vomited on the grass, she grasped her pants and grass. Tamia would've fallen over if it wasn't for Steve keeping a gentle grip on her shoulder. It felt like forever before she could feel herself getting empty, she allowed Steve to pull herself against his shoulder to rest her head. "What's wrong, huh?" Steve gently asked. "Chrissy was alone," Tamia mumbled, she sniffed as she was beginning to think about it again but Steve shushed her softly. "Hey, I know what you're thinking and you're wrong. Chrissy knew how much you loved her, you may have not been with her when she passed but you don't want to see that. You don't want that to be your last memory of her."

Tamia was speechless as she heard Steve speak lowly so only she could hear him, she wiped her mouth on the back of her hand ignoring Steve's crinkle of his nose at how gross it was. "How did you know?" Tamia could feel her heart skip a beat as she thought someone outed her to Steve. "I put the pieces together, I asked Robin why you were with us because I thought it was strange that you would've been here so long but she told me that it was because you were close with Chrissy, she just didn't say how close so I started to watch you every time she was brought up you would seem sad." Tamia gulped as she looked at Steve, she had a chance to deny it but she didn't want to. "Your secret is safe with me," Steve whispered before he stood up and held a hand out for Tamia to take which she did with a relieved smile.

NOTES:

NOTES:

This chapter was a trip omfg, regarding Tamia this chapter was about her inner thoughts and opening those feelings that she's been blocking since Chrissy died and regarding Steve, I do kinda believe I'm making him a tiny bit more perceptive then he is in the series but that's fine lol