xiv

Tamia rubbed her face as she walked down the stairs, she didn't know exactly what they were supposed to be looking for so she figured the first thing she should do is go find Nancy and Robin to copy what they were doing

Tamia rubbed her face as she walked down the stairs, she didn't know exactly what they were supposed to be looking for so she figured the first thing she should do is go find Nancy and Robin to copy what they were doing. She saw Robin and Nancy sitting looking through the archives of old newspapers so she walks up behind Robin who gives her a little jump and an angry stare when Tamia sneaked up on her. Tamia smirked at Robin ignoring the pit in her stomach that made her feel guilty about how she left things with her Mom upstairs.

"Anything juicy over there?" Tamia asks loudly so Nancy could hear her while she was staring at the newspapers that Robin was flipping through. Nancy gave a little squeal in shock at hearing a new voice but responded. "Nothing new, what about you guys?" Nancy asks. Tamia looks down at Robin who shakes her head. "Same here. Victor seemed like a normal guy, dead family, missing eyes." Tamia squints as she looks at the archives to read it. "It seems like he took a plea deal and was sent to Pennhurst," Tamia added, she could almost hear the eye-roll that Nancy gave because they haven't found anything yet.

It was silent for a minute before Robin peeped her head out. "What exactly are we looking for?" When a few seconds pass without Nancy replying, Tamia peaked her head out too above Robin's. "Nance?" Tamia licks her lips and bangs her hand lightly on the cabinet to grab Nancy's attention. Nancy slowly peaked her head out to stare at the two girls, she was leaning in her chair tilting her head sideways. "Any mention of dark wizards or alternate dimensions?" Tamia joked raising her eyebrow at Nancy. "I don't know. Okay? It's starting to seem like this was just a big waste of time." Nancy sighs as she stands up, Tamia backs up when Robin rolls her chair back and turns so she can see Nancy. "You two are obviously bored. Why don't you just call Steve, I'm sure he'll pick you two up and I mean, I'm not really in danger here, so..." Nancy trailed off before walking away, Robin looked at Tamia with a worried look on her face. "It's clear that she thinks you're dating Steve," Tamia says with a hint of a chuckle looking at Robin who gasps in shock. "Why me? Why not you?" Robin stands up and waves her hand over Tamia's outfit. "Please, I'm way out of Steve's league plus I don't hang around his crowd and she knows that but you, on the other hand, hang out with him all the time. You work with him, she thinks you two like each other." Robin groans in her hands as the two of them start to walk toward the other level. "I don't like him," Robin says almost whining, Tamia raises her eyebrow as she stops Robin in her tracks. "But you do like someone?" When Robin gives Tamia a sly look Tamia lets out a slight giggle hitting her on the shoulder. "Is the new girl Vickie? She's pretty hot." Tamia let herself forget about what's been happening to her the last couple of days and just allowed herself to talk with Robin about girls. "It's Nancy but she doesn't know me very clearly, she thinks I'm dating Steve. I don't have a filter or a strong grasp of social cues. My mother reminds me of that fact daily, but Tamia I can't ask Nancy who is dating Jonathan out. That can't happen." Robin info bombs onto Tamia so quickly that she has to close her eyes to process what Robin just said.

"I know but you just got to get to know her and you didn't hear this from me but she and Jonathan have been on the rocks lately." Tamia winks at Robin before she starts to walk down the stairs to where Nancy is, Tamia leans against the railing with Robin next to her a few steps higher. "Listen, you do know that Steve and I are, like, totally not a thing, right?" Robin clarifies as soon as she sees Nancy looking through the filing cabinets. "What?" Nancy turns around quickly to look at Robin.

Robin coughs into her sleeve before she walks down and stands next to Nancy. "I figure you and Jonathan are perfectly fine but I wanted to make sure that you knew that Steve and I are just friends. It's platonic with a capital P," Robin explained quickly, Nancy nodded slightly but Tamia knew that Nancy wasn't convinced but Tamia stayed silent, she watched as Robin sighed and walked to the left of Nancy and started to look through those filing cabinets before she turned to look at Nancy again.

"Just in case that's adding any tension between us." Robin grimaced at Tamia who gave her a thumbs up with a big smile, it was clear that Robin was failing at this but Tamia didn't want to tell her. "It wasn't." Nancy raised her eyebrows at Robin who nodded slightly and turned back to look through the cabinets, Tamia sighed as she did the same thing. "Holy shit, the Weekly Watcher. I can't believe they have this, they write about bigfoot and ufos. All that fake shit." Tamai said impressed as she pulled out a tape of the weekly watcher. "First, UFOs are absolutely real. Bigfoot, I'm still on the fence about. Second, how do you know that?" Robin looked at Tamia impressed.

"Eddie used to like this shit, so he would have it at his place but then he grew out of it." Tamia raised her eyebrows at Robin and Nancy before she tapped the tape on the top of the filing cabinet. "Do I need to remind you two that we are looking for information on dark wizards? That thing could help us because If someone is going to write about it, it's going to be these weirdos." Nancy turns to Tamia once Robin was done explaining who had now taken the tape and shrugged wordlessly telling Tamia that it couldn't hurt to look.