xxi

Tamia lets out a low shallow breath as she follows Robin back to the entrance where everyone is gathered around a clock

Tamia lets out a low shallow breath as she follows Robin back to the entrance where everyone is gathered around a clock. "Is this what you saw? In your visions?" Nancy asks shining the flashlight onto the clock, Tamia watches as Max lets out a shuddering breath before nodding. "Yes." Beside her Tamia watches as Robin's brows furrow in confusion. "I mean, it's just a clock. Right?" Robin pushes past the crew and walks up to the clock and rubs the dust glass pane with a hand.

"Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks?" Tamia asks out loud as she turns her head trying to get a better look at the clock. "Maybe he's like a clockmaker or something?" Steve adds to Tamia's question, Tamia shakes her head at Steve. "Excuse my langue children but I highly fucking doubt it Steven." Steve scoffed at Tamia and looked at her like she killed his cat, but he didn't have a cat so Tamia didn't feel so bad. "All I know is, that the answers are here." Nancy got the two of them back on track, the group spilt up in all different directions so Tamia went back to the room with the wallpaper.

She was about to lift her flashlight again to look at the wallpaper when she heard footsteps behind her, she turned slightly to see Robin walking up to her. "Did Chrissy mention anything about this house?" Robin asks carefully, Tamia sucks in her teeth as she thinks over her answer before she carefully nods.

"She was over at my house once a couple of days before she died and she had a nightmare, all she was saying when she woke up was mumbling about this wallpaper. I didn't know what she meant so I had her draw the pattern but I tossed it after she went home because it looked like scribbles to me but now I know it wasn't." Tamia tried to blink away the tears, she lifted her hand that was holding the flashlight and wiped her forehead forcing the tears to go away. "You didn't believe her did you?" Tamia shakes her head at what Robin said, she had to press her lips tightly together as to prevent herself from crying out. "I wish she knows that I loved her and I'm sorry that I didn't believe her. She was already having such a hard time at home and at school, and I was the only one she could count on, which it didn't even matter because I ended up failing her anyway."

Tamia walked over to the dusty wall and slid down onto the gross floor she could feel the broken nails slightly piercing her legs but she didn't care, all she thought about was that she failed Chrissy. "Tamia, I didn't know Chrissy as you did but I know that you didn't fail her. I can hear it just by the way you talk about her, you loved her, hell you still love her and she knew that." Tamia lets out a wet chuckle before scrubbing a hand over her face with her hand that wasn't holding the flashlight. "You know, I was gonna give Chrissy my favorite book and annotate like with all my favorite lines and stuff but now I don't know what to do with it."

Robin lets out a sigh as she sits in front of Tamia cross-legged. "Well, maybe you can bury it in her grave?" Robin suggests slightly with a raised eyebrow but then when she sees Tamia's look. "There's not even a body, why would I do that? I'm not gonna go, It would be pointless. Chrissy wouldn't even go to her own funeral, especially if her parents her gonna plan which we all know they are." Tamia lets out a loud sigh and scrubs her hands over her face.

She opened her mouth to say something when the walkie-talkie came to life. "Hey, if anyone's there, I really think I might be in a bit of trouble here. Okay? Wheeler? Tamia? Anyone?" Eddie's voice sounded worried, scared even a tone that only Tamia has heard. Tamia quickly got up and tossed her flashlight to Robin. "I gotta go, Robin, tell everyone else where I am. I'm gonna run." Robin looked at Tamia like she was crazy. "How? It's so far."

"I don't know, but it's better than leaving him stranded and alone. Thanks." Tamia nods at Robin before she quickly walks towards the door and opens it letting it shut loudly behind her, no doubt scaring everyone who was in the house but she didn't care, Eddie was in trouble. She was careful to not trip as she quickly walked down the stairs until she was flat down the road then she broke into a run, Tamia hadn't run since she was thirteen but she was the Captain of the Track and Field Team, and with someone Tamia cared about was in trouble that was a strong motivation for her to go faster.

With that on her mind, she could feel her legs burn with how fast she was going but she pushed past the pain, she already failed Chrissy, she wasn't failing Eddie, not if she could help it.