x

It was later that night, and Tamia had to prevent Eddie from nervously eating all the snacks

It was later that night, and Tamia had to prevent Eddie from nervously eating all the snacks. They've divided their time between the main house and the boat house so as to not be spotted from the windows. "I'm really fucking sorry Tamia." Eddie sighs as he turns his head to look at Tamia, the two of them were sitting low on the couch and the windows were drawn so they couldn't be sorry. "You shouldn't be, I'm her girlfriend. I knew she was acting different but I should've just asked her, I knew something was really wrong when she asked for drugs. I just wish I could've helped her." Tamia sniffed, she rolled her eyes at her behavior. She let out a wet chuckle when Eddie scooted closer to her and kissed her on the side of her head before grabbing her hand and squeezing it comfortingly letting Tamia know that Eddie is there for her.

The two of them went silent, sitting next to each other in the dark when Tamia saw lights start to turn towards them. She sat up quickly and grabbed Eddie's hand. "What's going on?" Eddie whispered quickly as he had to run to keep up with her. "Someone is here, we have to hide," Tamia says as she leads them into the boathouse. She heard the sound of a car door opening once they stepped into the boathouse, Tamia gulped as she quickly shut the door of the boathouse.

Eddie looked around before he grabbed the tarp that was on the floor and got into the small boat, Tamia sighed before she jumped into the boat and ducked down next to Eddie as he draped the tarp on top of them. The position was pretty uncomfortable but Tamia hoped that whoever was here would leave soon. She could feel that Eddie was feeling around in the boat, her eyebrows rose as his hand grazed her butt by accident. She wanted to whisper to ask what he was doing but she froze when she heard the boathouse door creek open. "Hello? Is anyone home?" A voice that took Tamia a minute to realize that it was Robin, said.

The boathouse floor creaked, as someone stepped over it. "What a dump." A man commented, Tamia made a face but didn't move. Tamia heard rustling from her left before the window was taken out of her as she was poked with something that felt like a wooden board. "What are you doing!" Dustin said to whoever was hitting the two of them, the only reason Tamia knew who Dustin was that Eddie had tried to get her to join Hellfire many times but she always said no.

"He might be in here." The man from before said before he took whatever he was holding and pushed it into the spot that Tamia's leg was in, she pressed her lips together to hide the whimper that wanted to escape. "So take the tarp off!" Dustin argued. The man huffed before he poked around the boat some more narrowly missing Tamia this time. "If you're so brave, you take the tarp off." The man said, from Tamia's left she could hear the floorboards creek again which told Tamia they had at least 3 people in the boathouse, one was a child so if need be Eddie and Tamia could take them down.

"Hey, look over here." A woman's voice said from Tamia's left, it sounded like a child but it wasn't Dustin. She could hear whoever it was looking at the snacks that they left out, Tamia had to bite back the urge to let out a curse. "Someone was here."

"Maybe he heard us, got spooked, and ran." The voice who opened the door said, Tamia closed her eyes as she grabbed Tamia's hand after whoever was hitting them kept missing them. "Don't worry, Steve will get him with his oar," Dustin said on their right, Tamia's eyebrows rose when she heard the name Steve, it was a common name so it wouldn't be possible for it to be Steve Harrington, right?

"I know you think you're being funny, but considering everyone in this room has nearly died a hundred times, personally I don't find it funny in the slight-." While Steve was talking he kept hitting the oar onto the tarp, Tamia watched as it hit Eddie's chest and his hand slipped out of her grasp. Eddie cut Steve off by jumping up from the boat and pushing him against the wall of the boathouse.

Tamia gasped she jumped out from the boat and put her arm onto Eddie's trying to stop him from murdering Steve. "Wait! Wait!" Tamia said as she watched him place a broken bottle under Steve's neck. "Whoa, whoa, Eddie! Stop!" Dustin said running towards them with his flashlight shining onto Eddie and Steve. Tamia kept pulling on Eddie's arm trying to get the bottle but he wouldn't budge. "It's me! It's Dustin." Eddie finally turned his head and looked at Dustin who had his hands out in front of him.

"This is Steve, he's not gonna hurt you right Steve?" When his name was called Steve shook his head quickly wincing when the bottle cut into his neck slightly. "Right, yeah." Tamia trusted Dustin because Eddie trusted him but he still has the oar in his hands. "Drop the oar," Tamia commanded to Steve who looked like he was about to decline but Eddie pressed the bottle into his neck, quickly Tamia heard the oar drop to the ground. "What are you doing here?" Eddie questions.

"We're looking for you, didn't know you would be too Tamia." Dustin quickly said. "We're here to help," Robin says behind Dustin next to a redheaded girl that Tamia only knew because she recognized her every time she went into Miss Kelly's office right after Chrissy had her guidance counselor appointment. "Eddie, these are my friends. You know Robin, from band. This is my friend Max, the one who never wants to play D&D." Dustin introduced his friends tensely, Tamia closed her eyes and rubbed her hands over her eyes.

"Eddie, it's Dustin. I don't think they would be here if they aren't on your side." Tamia stepped so she was in front of Dustin making sure Eddie can see her, she reached up and grabbed the bottle from where it was still on Steve's neck. "She's right! I swear on my mother." Dustin said from behind Tamia. "Right guys?" Dustin adds quickly when he sees Eddie isn't budging, Tamia looks at Eddie and nods, his shoulder slumps and he lets go of the bottle letting it drop to the floor.

Tamia watches as Eddie backs up against the wall and slides down it, she watches carefully as Dustin walks towards him and squats in front of him. "We just want to talk." Eddie jerks when Dustin tries to touch him, and Tamia starts to walk forward when Dustin holds his hand out. "We just want to figure out what happened."

Eddie sniffs. "You won't believe me, my own goddamn best friend doesn't believe me." Eddie nods towards Tamia who closes her eyes in shame as her shoulder hits the wall of the boathouse. "Try us," Max said surprising Tamia.