xi

It was all real, everything that Eddie had told her about Chrissy dying, really happened

It was all real, everything that Eddie had told her about Chrissy dying, really happened. She had brushed it off the first time because she thought he was making it up but then Dustin told the two of them the truth about Hawkins, about Vecna who was a spellcaster that was one of the D&D villains that Eddie had made up.

Last night Tamia had to listen to every little detail and she could see Eddie's heartbreaking every time he would say something and looked over at her, she still hasn't looked Eddie in the eye. She was in the kitchen, she was supposed to help Robin look over the supplies to see if they already needed more but Tamia got in her head. She jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder, she quickly looked to see Robin giving her an apologetic look. "Sorry, I didn't mean to spook you. Are you alright?" Robin asks gently as she sits down next to Tamia.

"Uh. I'm not, I thought Eddie was lying. I knew he could never have killed Chrissy but I just thought they did something stupid, but now I know that wasn't true." Tamia gulped as she tried to keep her tears at bay. "Did you know Chrissy?" Robin asks twiddling her fingers, Tamia licked her lips before hesitating. "We met through a friend named Dorothy." Tamia gave Robin a slight smile, Robin's eyes widen before she broke off into a smile. "I have a friend named Dorothy too." Robin knocked her shoulders against Tamia before standing back up and starting to look through the supplies they have.

Tamia scrubs a hand across her face before she steps away from the kitchen and starts to walk back towards the boathouse where Eddie was deciding to hide out at, he felt that it was too dangerous to stay in the main house so they agreed to stay in the boathouse knowing it was the safer option. She knocks on the door as a way to alert Eddie before she swings the door open. "Hey," Tamia says as she sits next to Eddie on the floor, he gives her a half smile before stretching his legs out in front of him.

"Look, I wanna apologize for not believing you. I knew that you didn't kill Chrissy but what you were saying sounded impossible, I just thought it was trauma induced. I didn't know even if I wanted to hear in detail how she died but I had to anyway." Tamia gulps as she picks at the nails on her hands which are resting on her lap. "I admit that it hurt you didn't believe me but the story did sound impossible so I can't fault you for that. I am glad that you knew I would never hurt your girlfriend, ever." Eddie looks at Tamia with wide eyes, Tamia lets out a wet-sounding chuckle before she raises her hand and scrubs it over her face.

"God, I hate getting emotional." Tamia rolls her eyes at herself as she stands up and takes a look at the window. "What are you doing, oh my god. Someone could see you." Eddie panics as he shrinks down on the floor. "Relax, the crew is just leaving for the store." Tamia pats him on his head as she walks back and sits next to him just in time for her to see that he scrunched his face up and tries to fix his hair where she touched it. "Hands off to hair Nelson, you know this." Eddie twiddles his hair making sure it was perfect, Tamia rolls her eyes at his antics and lets her head rest on the boathouse walls.

Her thoughts couldn't help but go toward thinking about her parents, she wonders if they were scared out of their minds. She has a feeling that they would be mad at her once she ever sees them again if she ever sees them again. "What's going on in that hot head of yours?" Eddie asks bumping their shoulders together. Tamia sighs before she turns to look at him. "I'm thinking about my parents, I called them yesterday when I went to the store on the pay phone and they asked me to come home. I lied and said that I crashed in my car, they told me that they had something to tell and when I told them that already knew. They wanted me to come home because they didn't want me out here because a killer was out. I lied and said I would be home soon." Tamia let out a slow breath and clenched her hands together, next to her Eddie let out a sigh and grabbed her hand for comfort.

"You can go to them, you can go back home and forget all about this. Dustin is here, you don't need to be here for me." Eddie presses his lips together as he waits for Tamia to answer. "Do you not want me here?" Tamia raised an eyebrow looking at Eddie curiously. "Of course I do, but I don't want you to get hurt." Eddie looked at Tamia pleadingly. "I'm with you okay, forever. I'm not leaving you unless you make me." Tamia kisses Eddie on the cheek before resting her head on his shoulder.