xix

Tamia smacked her mouth loudly as she started to come back to her body, she rubbed her eyes roughly and opened them before looking around to see what woke her up

Tamia smacked her mouth loudly as she started to come back to her body, she rubbed her eyes roughly and opened them before looking around to see what woke her up. That's when she heard the rumble of the walkie-talkie that was sitting on the table. "Earth to Dustin." Eddie's voice came through. Tamia groaned as she dislodged her legs from under her and carefully stepped over Nancy to grab the walkie-talkie. "Hey, It's Tamia." Tamia stepped out of the room so she can let the rest of the group sleep a little bit more. "Hey! I'm gonna need a food delivery unless you want me to go out into the world which I don't think you want me to do that." Eddie cut himself off with a chuckle.

Tamia rubbed a hand over her face and shook her head. "Yea, don't do that. We'll get you food as soon as we can. We've just had a little situation here, you want a six-pack too?" Tamia questioned leaning against the door frame. "You know me so well, is everything okay?" Eddie asked carefully, if Tamia could picture him right now she would know his brows are furrowed, worried about Tamia no doubt. "Yea, I'll explain when we get there." Tamia let out a loud sigh before she turned to face the living room, she looked around the room listening to Eddie ramble on about something when her face paled when her eyes caught the couch, Max was missing. "Hey, listen Eds, I gotta go but we'll get you your stuff okay?" Tamia interrupted his rambles, Eddie stuttered before saying okay and Tamia placed the walkie-talkie down before walking over to Nancy and hitting her on the shoulder. "What the fuck?" Nancy yelled jumping up from her sleeping position. "Max is missing." Tamia nodded towards the empty couch.

"Fuck, I'll get Dustin up and make him look for Max with me. You wake the others up." Nancy instructed as she used the hand Tamia offered to help her get up. Tamia nodded and walked over to Robin and poked her in the cheek, Robin lifted her hand squatting Tamia on the hand, and Tamia rolled her eyes before slapping Robin hard on the shoulder. "Ow! What is wrong with you?" Robin yelled out as she opened her eyes to glare at Tamia. "Max is missing." Is all Tamia said and moved to Steve, she reeled her hand back to slap him on the shoulder when he jumped up and held his hand out in front of him towards Tamia. "I'm up! Don't hit me." Steve groaned as he let his hand drop, Tamia shook her head as she ran it through her hair. "How long were we asleep?" Robin asked yawning as she moved into a sitting position. "Like an hour, I think." Tamia glances towards the clock on the wall for confirmation.

Tamia sucked in her teeth before she took it upon herself to climb up the stairs since Nancy and Dustin hadn't come back yet. "Oh Hello, I don't think we've met before?" The woman who Tamia assumes is Mrs. Wheeler says when she spots Tamia in the doorway. "I'm Tamia. Nancy and I are in the Weekly Streak together." Tamia presses her lips together as she slowly walked toward where Max, Nancy, and Dustin were sitting. "I was just about to come down to get you guys." Nancy looked at Tamia nodding at her like they had an understanding.

Tamia huffed before glancing at the drawings that were on the table. "What are these?" Tamia asks touching the soft paper of the drawings. "It was just what I saw, while I was... You know, at least I think." Max answered as she ran her fingertips over the colored parts of the picture. Tamia could feel her breath catching as she saw what looked like blonde hair on a creature that looked terrified. "Chrissy," Tamia murmured as she ran her fingers over the character. Tamia didn't know how she knew but she just felt drawn to the picture.

She sniffled before she started to excuse herself, she opened the backdoor and walked outside. Tamia wrapped her arms around herself as she could start to feel the tears drip from her face, she walked down the stairs and sat on the first step letting her feet rest on the bottom. She scrubs her hands over her face and resists the urge to scream into them, she can save that for later after they clear Eddie's name. When she heard the backdoor start to open behind her Tamia quickly wiped the tears from her face and stood up to face who opened the door. It was Nancy, and she had a slight smile on her face. "I know where Vecna is hiding." Tamia's brows furrowed as she crossed her arms waiting for Nancy to say something.

"He's at Victor Creel's house."