Prologue

People assume that things never last; books, games, stories, and life. They're right, many things don't last very long, especially something physical. However sentimental things, like wedding dresses and pictures, though physical, can hold a lot of meaning to the ones who own it.

Why does this matter?

Because in this story, there is one person in the world who will learn to make something last a lifetime.

But, before we get to that, let's introduce our main character.

(F/N) (L/N) is your average high schooler; getting average grades, and living a normal life. Many people don't really pay any attention to him, mainly because he never really speaks out, or does anything to gain attention from the crowd.

Just like his school life, he has a normal life at home; playing video games, taking care of his little sister, and doing his homework.

But that normal life will soon change, and it all began, with an invitation.

One day, the school bell rang aloud throughout the entire school, causing students to file out of their last classes and towards whatever after school activities they had.

(F/N) calmly walked out of his classroom and shrugged his backpack onto his shoulder. He then stepped up to his locker, the ones that occasionally have a bullied nerd shoved into them, and twisted the combination lock that was built into it. After a few swift turns of the knob, he unlocked his locker and opened it. He then slung his backpack around, catching it in front of him and unzipping it.

As he was switching out some of his textbooks for homework, the leader of the cheerleading team was walking around, handing out invitations for an activity.

"Here you go." She said, repeating that same phrase over and over to the people she came up on. Whenever she gets to a crowd, she would mutter it to the person she would hand it to.

"Hey, baby." A football jock said as the cheerleader walked up to the group of football jocks wearing their letterman jackets that displayed their team mascot and their numbers while they were holding onto their footballs. The cheerleader giggled and walked up to him, stepping close to him.

"Hey, big boy." She greeted as she looked up at him.

"Whatcha doing, sweetheart?" The jock asked, wrapping his arms around her waist, holding his football behind her.

"Oh, just handing out invitations for a little, school-funded, camping trip." She answered. The jock chuckled as he took the opportunity to get a top-down view of her breasts.

"Really?" He asked. "Where's my invite?" He asked, slowly shifting side-to-side. The cheerleader giggled and took the invitation. She reached up with the invite and slipping it in his jacket.

"Look hard, and you'll find it~" She said before she planted a small kiss on his lips. She backed away and walked off. The jock chuckled and took the invite out, seeing a red kiss mark on it. The rest of the jocks walked around and looked at the invite, patting the main jock's shoulder and congratulating him.

"Nice job, Lance!" One jock said, ruffling the main jock's, presumably Lance, crew cut. (F/N) had noticed the group and rolled his eyes, taking his assignment paper out and looking at his multiple assignments.

"Hey there hot-stuff." Someone called out. (F/N) knew it wasn't directed to him and looked to the source, seeing the head cheerleader walking up to a group of bikers, wearing black, leather jackets. "How about you drop that zero," he began, motioning to the jock, "and get with the hero?" He asked, motioning to himself. The cheerleader slightly giggled and hung the invite to him.

"Here, take it before I throw up on your ugly jacket." She said before she tossed it up at him.

"Anything for you, sweetheart." The greaser said as he caught the invite. (F/N) sighed quietly at the scene and turned back to his locker, grabbing his book bags.

The cheerleader walked up to a group of people wearing black everything. Along with spiky bracelets and necklaces.

"Alright, goths, which one of you wants to go camping?" The cheerleader asked, unamused. One girl, chewing on gum as she had black eyeliner and lashes looked at her with a monotone expression, as well as black lipstick lathered on her lips. She kept chewing on her gum, chewing so that she people could see the pink, chewed up ball in her mouth.

"You mean an invite to try and prank some of the students here, or just some way for you to rally students to vote for you in the next lead cheerleader election?" The girl asked, crossing her arms. The cheerleader scoffed and handed her the invite.

"Just take the invite, goth freak." The cheerleader said before she walked off, scoffing and rolling her eyes. The girl in black rolled her eyes.

"Whatever." She said as she took the invite and slipped it in her black purse.

"Are you actually going, Meg?" The guy, wearing the same kind of black get up as the girl, asked.

"Yeah, I need a poem for my literature class." The girl, presumably Meg, replied. "I figure a campout in the dark woods will help with the inspiration." She said. (F/N) looked at the group with a weird expression before he glanced at the lead cheerleader, walking over to a group of nerds, who were arguing about what they should get for their guild; a Paladin or an Orc.

"Okay nerds." The lead cheerleader said, causing them to stop and look at her, blushing at her. Out of the group of nerds, one was shoved in front of the cheerleader. The nerd blushed madly and adjusted his glasses.

"Y-Y-Yes, Brittney?" The nerd replied, stammering at her presence. (F/N), once again, rolled his eyes at the scene as the cheerleader, presumably Brittney, continued.

"Yeah, whatever, listen." She said. "You nerds better show up. My baby needs at least one of you there to practice for his games. So you better show up, or you'll be the puck the hockey team uses to knock around the rink, you got that?" She asked, shoving her face close to his.

"Y-Y-Yeah, I-I'll be th-there." The nerd replied, nodding his head rapidly.

"Good." Brittney said before she jerked the invitation towards him. The nerd shakily reached out and grabbed her invitation. "Now get lost." She ordered before she walked off. When she got to other students, she plastered a smile on her face and continued passing out invitations. (F/N) sighed and looked back to his locker, grabbing the last of his books before he closed the door to it and gave the combination a big turn, to reset the code.

"H-Here you go." A shy voice said. (F/N) looked to the source of the voice to see another cheerleader handing out invites as well. However, each time she would try to hand it out, she would either be rejected, or ignored. Though she wasn't getting any progress, some guys were looking back at her hungrily. In all honesty, even (F/N) saw her as cute; wearing a cheerleading outfit, along with a mini skirt, while being shy around other people. (F/N) sighed as he took his backpack and slung it on his shoulder, walking towards the shy cheerleader.

"Hey." (F/N) greeted, stepping in front of her. The shy cheerleader stopped and slightly yelp, jumping at his appearance.

"O-Oh, hello!" She greeted, shifting around in her place nervously.

"Having trouble with the invitations?" He asked, looking at her calmly. The cheerleader nodded rapidly.

"Y-Yeah." She replied. "W-Would you like an invite?" She asked, holding an invitation out to him. (F/N) chuckled and grabbed it.

"Yes, please." He said as he held up. "What's your name?" He asked, shrugging his backpack on even more to secure it on his shoulder.

"O-Oh, u-u-h...." She said, stuttering. "M-My name's Natelie." She introduced. "W-What's your name?" She asked. (F/N) smiled at her.

"I'm (F/N)." He introduced, before he held the invite up. "So, what's this camp we're going to?" (F/N) asked, seeing a couple of bold words say, "You're Invited!" He looked up at her, expecting an answer. Natelie jumped in surprise,

"O-Oh, uh....a camp called Camp Crystal Lake."