Chapter 1

After school was let out for the weekend, (F/N) was accompanying Natelie as he walked home. Along the way, they both had a friendly little chat, smiling and enjoying each others company. Natelie didn't need to go to her cheerleading practice, since the cheerleaders are going to be running the trip to the campsite.

"So," (F/N) began, "why were you chosen to be a cheerleader?" He asked. "Not that you don't make a bad cheerleader, it's just strange for a group of girls to walk up to you and invite you." He pointed out. Natelie smiled and looked away, blushing.

"W-Well, they chose me because I was easy to pick up for the pyramid." Natelie replied. "I-It's actually fun." She replied. (F/N) nodded and glanced down at her.

"I bet it is." (F/N) replied. Then, Natelie's smile faded, causing her to look down.

"But I also don't like being a cheerleader." She said. (F/N) quickly turned his head to her, looking at her in confusion.

"Why do you not like it?" He asked. Natelie gulped nervously and tightened her grip on her purse.

"C-Cause everytime we finish the game...some of the football players walk in and they would 'have fun' with the cheerleaders." Natelie answered. (F/N) looked at her in shock, seeing her slightly tremble. "I manage to hide myself in the lockers until they finish." She said. (F/N) kept his shock expression on his face before he quickly rushed ahead of her and stood in front of her, stopping her.

"You need to let the principal know about it!" (F/N) exclaimed. "If it bothers you, then the principal needs to know about it, or the school's police officer, or the football coach!" He said, looking at her in worry. Natelie looked at him in surprise until she looked away.

"I-I can't...if I do, he'll just tell me to consult with the head cheerleader." Natelie replied. "I'm sorry, I know you want to help me, but I'm afraid they'll only make my time as a cheerleader worse." She replied. (F/N) looked at her in shock before he let out a sigh. He was going to insist that Natelie meet with the school's police officer, but the other cheerleaders will just lie, lie, and lie.

"Alright." (F/N) replied. "But if there's anything I can do to help, than just tell me." He said. Natelie looked at him and smiled at his generosity.

"Okay." She said, nodding in response. "Thank you, (F/N)." She said. Then the next move she made as completely bold. She ran up to him and planted a soft kiss on his cheek before she ran home with a red blush over her face. (F/N) blushed softly at the gesture and watched her run off, gently cupping the side of his cheek where she kissed him. He smiled at her before he walked back to his house.

After the long walk, he stepped through the door, sliding his backpack off onto the floor.

"I'm home!" He called out, looking around the entrance of the house to see no living soul in sight. "Mom!? Dad!?" He called out. "Sis!?"

"We're in the kitchen, (F/N)!" A female voice called out, sounding mature and adult-like. (F/N) looked towards the kitchen of his home and walked in, seeing his family before them. His mother was at the stove, cooking dinner. His father was sitting at the dining table, reading the newspaper while sipping his coffee. And his sister was at the dining table, drawing on a piece of paper with a crayon. (F/N) walked up to the table, pulling a chair out and sitting down.

"What's for dinner?" He asked, scooting the seat closer to the table. His mother looked over her shoulder and looked at him.

"We're having chicken casserole." His mother replied as she wiped her hands with the towel, that hung on the handle of the oven. (F/N) nodded.

"Hey uh, can I get that to go?" (F/N) asked. "I was invited to go camping with some of the kids at school." He said as he leaned his elbows on the table. Then, his dad lowered his newspaper and looked at him.

"You were invited?" He asked. "I thought most kids don't pay any attention to you." He pointed out. (F/N)'s mom sharply turned to her husband.

"David!" She quietly shouted, looking at him with an upset expression. (F/N)'s dad turned to her and shrugged.

"What? I'm not trying to be rude to him." His father said. (F/N) chuckled and waved to his mother to calm down.

"It's alright, Mom." (F/N) replied. "Well, here's how it went down." He began before he explained everything about what happened, how he was getting his books when he noticed Natelie was struggling to hand out her invites. He then said that they got to talking and walked home together, but (F/N) left out the part about the kiss on the cheek. He was scared that his mother would give the "My Baby's Growing Up" speech.

"What time does the camping trip start?" His mother asked. (F/N) looked away in thought while he reached into his pocket, pulling the invitation out. He looked down at it, seeing the time.

"Forty-five minutes from now." (F/N) replied. "I've got enough time." He said.

"How long are you going to stay there?" His father asked, folding the newspaper up. (F/N) looked back to the invitation before he looked back at him.

"We're going to be there for the entire weekend." (F/N) answered. He then stood up and scooted the chair under the desk. "I'm going to go pack up." He said as he walked out of the kitchen.

"I'll make you some lunch!" His mother called out from the kitchen as she moved over to the fridge.

(F/N) ran his hand up the railing of the staircase as he walked upstairs. He walked past a couple of doors until he turned into his room. He walked over to his closet and opened it, pulling a duffel bag out and throwing it onto the bed. (F/N) then slowly darted around the room, gathering clothes and laying them, folded, into the bag. He also packed his essentials, toothbrush, toothpaste, and what not.

After a while of packing, (F/N) arrived at the camp's entrance, seeing a few more kids there waiting. (F/N) reached up and grabbed the door handle, pulling on it to open the door.

"See you Sunday morning, Mom." (F/N) said before he stepped outside, only for his mother to gently grab his shoulder.

"(F/N)?" She said, softly gaining his attention. He turned around and looked at her.

"What is it Mom?" He asked, seeing a warm smile on her face.

"Have fun, and stay safe, okay?" She asked. (F/N) smiled at her in response and leaned over to her, hugging her.

"I will, Mom."