Chapter 20

The source of the shouting was heard from the side, causing everyone to look over and see (F/N) run into the line of fire.

"Hold your fire, civilian on site." The person in charge said. The FBI agents heeded to their orders and lowered their guns. (F/N) panted as he quickly stood between them and Jaylene as he held his arms out.

"(F/N)!" Jaylene said, in a relieved tone.

"Listen, son." Ther person in charge said. "This isn't a safe place to stay, you need to evacuate the premises and let us do our job, okay?" He said. (F/N) shook his head in response and kept his arms held out.

"You're not laying a hand on her." (F/N) said, as stern as he could. The person sighed as he looked at the teenage boy.

"Listen, it's admirable to think you're protecting the innocent, but she's responsible for the death of two FBI agents." The man said. "She must brought in for her crimes." He said.

"She was defending herself!" (F/N) pointed out. "Why else did she kill them? They attacked first!" He said, not really knowing if she attacked them first, or not.

"Actually, I attacked first, (F/N)." Jaylene whispered in his ear. He sharply turned his head to her.

"Shut up, I'm trying to keep you alive!" He said before he looked back at the FBI agents.

"Well, even if she did defend herself, she needs an alibi to testify for her." The man said. "That's how our justice system works." He said. "Now, move out of the way and let us do our job." He said, which caused the agents to hold their guns up to them.

"B-But you can't kill her!" (F/N) said.

"And why is that?" The man asked. (F/N) tensed up and froze at the question, looking at him in shock as the stares of the guns made him anxious to make a move.

"Because." (F/N) began as he tried to think up of a good reason. "Because." He repeated as his mind raced to so many things he could say, but the FBI won't accept it. Then, Jaylene had said something, completely unexpected.

"Because I'm pregnant!" She shouted.

At that moment, everyone stopped and looked towards Jaylene, even (F/N).

"W-Wait....what?" He asked. "Y-You're pregnant?" (F/N) asked. Jaylene nervously smiled as she placed a hand on her stomach. "How do you know for sure?" He asked.

"Let's just say there was a destructive mood swing that led to a dollar store clerk's head being shoved into the register." Jaylene said. "But, I took the test and it came out positive." She said. (F/N) looked at her in shock and surprise before he smiled.

"That's amazing." He said. He then snapped back into the situation and turned to the FBI agents. "You can't kill her." (F/N) said. "Not while she's expecting a child." He said. The person in charge looked at the two in shock before he looked down and sighed.

"Dammit." He groaned. "I want to end this, now, but I can't. It's inhumane." He said. "Lower your weapons." He ordered. The agents jumped at the order and looked towards the person in charge.

"Seriously, sir?" One asked. "We have orders to eliminate the killer, we can't go disobeying orders!" He pointed out.

"And yet we would disobey our orders by executing an unborn child and an innocent civilian." The person said. "I'm not having the death of an unborn child on my conscience." He said. (F/N) and Jaylene smiled as they began to look at each other and back to the FBI agents. "Let's go." He said, earning a collective sigh from the other agents. "We're not going to say anything, okay?" He said as him and the other agents began to walk away.

(F/N) and Jaylene smiled even wider before they looked at each other, quickly hugging and kissing each other before Jaylene actually picked (F/N) up and spun him around. (F/N) blushed at her action, but went with it. She then set (F/N) down and looked at him.

"I bet you weren't expecting to hear that, weren't you?" Jaylene asked. (F/N) chuckled as he pulled her close.

"I never expected you to conceive." He said.

As they were talking, the agents all looked towards the couple as they were talking.

"There's no need to be ashamed. Killing a child while it's in the womb is certainly inhumane." The person in charge said. "It at least gives us a chance to reflect on our sons and daughters lives, as well." He said.

Then, as he said that, Natelie's father froze at the sound of it as his thoughts traced back to the details his own daughter gave her about the killer, that he know realized.

"Wait a minute." He said before he looked back to Jaylene, seeing her presence match the description his daughter gave him. "That's the person who murdered my girl's boyfriend." He said before he turned and started to walk up to (F/N) and Jaylene. The other agents stopped and looked towards Natelie's father, pondering his action.

When he got to a god spot, he got on one knee and pointed his gun up to Jaylene.

Before he did, though, they both noticed him walk up to them. As he raised his gun, they both fully turned to him. The other agents quickly tried to rush up to him, to stop him.

"Hold your fire!" The person in charge ordered.

(F/N) and Jaylene's eyes widened as time had slowed down. They both saw, slowly, the gun's sight line up to his eye.

"Don't shoot!" (F/N) shouted as he held his arm out, signalling him to stop, but Natelie's father didn't stop. He slipped his finger into the gun's trigger hole, and gripped onto the handle of the gun and placed his hand on the trigger, pulling it to fire.