Chapter 15 (Lemon)

After a while, it had gotten a lot darker, signalling that it was nighttime. Ann was put to bed, being tucked in and sound asleep, and (F/N)'s parents were asleep as well. However, in (F/N)'s room, (F/N) and Jaylene were sitting on the bed. They were smiling and having a nice time, talking to each other normally.

"Yeah, it's been a few days after he left." (F/N) said. "After my mother got a text from my dad's aunt, I decided to send him a letter." He pointed out.

"Oh really? Where did he move to?" Jaylene asked. (F/N) glanced away.

"I don't really remember." (F/N) replied. "But before he left, I heard my parents talking to my aunt and uncle about a cheap listing somewhere." (F/N) said. "I don't remember the exact location, but it was north of here." He pointed out. Jaylene smiled as she nodded. "Anyway, I better get some sleep." (F/N) replied. "And I assume that your mother would, at least, like to see that you're back at the camp." He said. Jaylene chuckled as she glanced outside of the window she climbed in.

"She hasn't been talking to me a lot, lately." She said. (F/N) slightly jumped at the sound of it and looked at her with a confused look.

"Is it because you've been neglecting to kill me?" He asked. Jaylene shrugged in response.

"I don't know. I think it's beca-" She was stopped abruptly, but she then nodded. "Okay, there she is." Jaylene said. "She says that she had been thinking for a while." She said as she stood up and walked away from the window. "Hey, listen." She said as (F/N) stood up. "Thanks, for being a friend to me." She said. "I've never really had a lot before I drowned." She said. (F/N) slightly smiled.

"Hey, if it's any consolation to you, I never had a lot of friends growing up." (F/N) said. "I'm not really noticeable around my school." He pointed out, earning a small chuckle from Jaylene.

"Yeah, well," Jaylene began as she sighed, "still, I'm glad I met you." She said. "You've been a better friend to me than a lot of people in my first life." She said. (F/N) smiled as he walked up, facing her.

"Same here." He said. "I guess you can say I'm glad you were trying to kill me." He said. They both slightly laughed at the remark. Jaylene slightly looked away, blushing softly.

"Hey, earlier today, when it was just me and Ann in your room, she pointed something out to me, and I want to see if it was true." She said before she looked at him, face-to-face once again.

"What? What was it?" He asked.

"Do you think...I'm pretty?" She asked, blushing at a question that involved herself. (F/N) blushed at the question, since it involved looking at her face more.

"I think you're more than pretty." He said. "You look...beautiful." He said. "That's what I thought the first time I saw your face." He pointed out. "You know, before you punched my shoulder into my collarbone." He said, causing both of them to laugh. They then looked away before they looked back at each other again. "But seriously...you're very beautiful." He said. Jaylene blushed at the compliment and glanced down.

"Thanks." She replied before she looked up at him. "You don't look bad yourself." She said. (F/N) blushed and smiled.

"Thank you." He said. They both chuckled before they looked at each other, staring into each other's eyes. Jaylene's eyes had a hazel shine to them, unlike the last time he looked directly in her eyes, which were dull with a killing intent.

They both kept staring into each other's eyes until they found themselves nearing each other's faces. They both tilted their heads until their lips connected to each other. The moment there was a connection, a jolt ran up Jaylene's spine, causing a shiver to elicit. (F/N)'s heart fluttered at the feeling of her lips. Instinctively, he reached up and held her waist. Though, he didn't grab them from over her jacket, he slipped his hands under it, holding onto her bare waist. Jaylene jumped at the touch, but returned the favor by reaching up and holding his cheeks.