Chapter 9

After (F/N) and Jaylene met up again, they began to walk around the campsite, just chatting like normal people.

"You know," Jaylene began, "you never would've been able to break my mask, if I hadn't fought someone else." She said as she had her machete strapped in her belt and he pickax slung on her shoulder.

"Oh? And who would that be?" (F/N) asked as he glanced at her from the corner of his eye. Jaylene slightly smiled and waved off his response.

"Trust me, if I told you, I wouldn't be able to see you here again." Jaylene replied. (F/N) chuckled.

"What? You actually want me back here?" (F/N) asked. Jaylene slightly chuckled.

"Oh, shut up." She said as she playfully shoved his shoulder. (F/N) chuckled in response, but quickly grimaced in pain since she actually shoved his unusable shoulder. He let out a small shout in pain as he felt his shoulder being pulled down. "Sorry!" She said as she looked at him, with a small blush. (F/N) slightly laughed again.

"It's fine." (F/N) replied as he slowly sat up. "I will admit, you have a strong arm there." He said. Jaylene chuckled as she took the pickax off of her arm and patted it against her hand.

"Don't you remember what I told you; about the whole 'punch your head off' thing?" She asked. (F/N) nodded in response. "I wasn't joking." She said. (F/N) looked at her in shock, seeing her smirk and pat the pickax a bit more until she walked off. He watched her walk off before he caught up to her.

"Well, the six pack was evidence enough that you were tough, but I didn't know you were superhuman." (F/N) said before he caught up to her.

"Well, that's just something that's natural to me." She said as they kept walking.

After a while, they took a break and sat down on some pool chairs, looking over towards the lake. However, there was a few feet away from the lake. Jaylene was resting; sitting down on the chair as she rested her arm on her knee.

"So, besides the fact that I nearly killed you and your friends in a bloodbath, how are you feeling?" Jaylene asked. (F/N) shrugged as he glanced away.

"I've felt better." (F/N) replied. "Definitely would've preferred the punch to the forearm." He said. Jaylene slightly chuckled at it and glanced back towards the forest.

"I'm not really going to apologize for that, mainly because I was trying to kill you." Jaylene said, glancing at him.

"You have a point there." (F/N) replied. "But seriously, you'd be a hell of a hitwoman." He pointed out. Jaylene laughed as she slightly threw her head back.

"I wouldn't deny that." Jaylene said. "I mean, just look at my abs." She said as she motioned to her stomach. "Rock hard." She said. (F/N) chuckled as he slightly blushed.

"Mind if I check myself?" He asked. Jaylene chuckled and sat down normally on the bench and faced him. (F/N) leaned over and winded his fist back, punching her abs hard. He let out a shout as he pulled his hand back and shook his hand.

"Shit, that's not rock! That's damn titanium!" (F/N) said as he neared his hand to his slung hand and used it to rub his fingers, that he used to punch. Jaylene chuckled as she watched him. He then took his hand and pressed it against her abs. "It has that soft exterior like a normal person, but your damn abs are steel." He said. Jaylene slightly blushed at his touch, since it was close to somewhere else, but she chuckled at his remark.

"Like I said; it's just natural to me." Jaylene said before she sat back down on the seat, kicking her legs up. (F/N) chuckled at her and looked towards the lake, however only being able to see a small sliver of it.