Part 1

"Andie! Are you almost ready? The guests will be here soon!"

"I'll be there in a minute, Dad!" Andie called. "You should go back down and make sure Mom doesn't burn the cookies!" she added with a chuckle.

She heard her father's laugh behind the door.

"Yeah, maybe you're right. Don't be too long, okay, honey?"

"Yes, Dad." Andie answered.

Adrianna Galestone, more commonly know as Andie, was in her room, trying to find the right outfit. It was Christmas Eve, and her family had invited the Davises, more precisely her boyfriend Bane and his uncle Robert over for the occasion. The neighbours, the Bensons, here already there. Lisa and her daughter Nina, aged ten, and a good friend of Hannah's, had celebrated Christmas with the Galestones since Andie's family had moved to Olympia five and half years before. But it was the first time the Davises would be there. The two families had already met and sympathized, of course, but this was the first time they were really all getting together. And she had to be honest, Andie was a little nervous. She hadn't been able to really hear what her parents thought of Bane or his uncle. She 'd tried to ask them but they'd always been rather evasive.

"Relax, Andie, you're just having Bane and his uncle over, you know," Adena smiled as she tried her third necklace on.

"I know, I know... but today's special. I want it to be perfect."

Adena smiled. Andie turned round to look at her, two earrings in hand.

"Silver or gold?"

"Gold, they'll suit your outfit best," Adena said.

"Yes, I thought so too. Thanks!"

She slipped them and stepped back, her bright brown eyes scanning her reflection in the mirror. Her long hair was tied up with a few loose strands, the way she found complimented her face the most, checked her outfit, and just slipping her shoes on, when the doorbell rang.

"Andie!" Hannah's voice called. "Your boyfriend's here!"

"Shut up, Hannah," Andie grinned, ruffling her hair as they met on the landing.

"Well, he is your boyfriend, isn't he?"

"... it's more complicated than that." Andie said.

"Honey, d'you want me to get that?" Hank's voice called up the stairs.

Andie couldn't help thinking Bane might be a little intimidated if the first person he saw was her father.

"Uh, no, no, Dad, I've got it, thanks!" she called, hurrying down the stairs to the door.

She glanced behind her. Hannah was standing there.

"Shoo," she smiled. "Go see if Mom and Dad want some help."

Hannah stuck her tongue playfully at her and walked off. Andie shook her head with a smile and turned to open the door.

Before her was a dark haired young man with deep blue eyes and pale skin. He had a small scar above his eye from his childhood, though Andie hadn't yet asked him how exactly he'd gotten it. His hair was tousled in the wind, but its blackness brought out his eyes and smile. He had made an effort, today, she noted. He had exchanged his jeans for black slacks, and she imagined he was wearing a shirt under his coat. He looked up at her and grinned.

"Hey," Andie smiled, climbing down the steps.

"Hey," he answered.

She knotted her arms behind his neck and kissed him. His hands caught her waist. They were just about losing themselves in each other when a small cough brought them back to reality.